Hess Trucks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Have spent part of the day messing with a video of something I've bought for around the past 7-8 years. It's the Hess toys, and there's a different one that comes out only around Christmas. No Hess gas stations around here, so a friend of a friend buys them and ships them here from out-of-state. Finally went and joined YouTube and added this short 2.5 min. video of the recent 2008 Hess Truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJQszRH_FzM

normal__08_Hess_Truck_w-Front_Loader.JPG

Some kids never grow up, lol :lol:

Dang, 42 Hess vehicles! I originally started collecting them for my grandson, but soon discovered how destructive he was of his stuff that I decided to keep them for myself, lol. I keep them in the boxes, after having removed all the batteries of course.

Never got any Hess trucks when I was little. Used to get Tonka trucks, We used to build a LONG RAMP from a small hill to the railroad tracks and run our trucks down the ramp as a train was going by. Hey, Tonkas withstood the firecrackers, had to destroy them somehow. I never could keep model cars more than 6 months before they got blowed up.

My son works at a Hess Station and they ordered 300 and sold the all in the month of December.People were still comming in up until Christmas eve looking for them.

When I was stationed in Chasn. SC ('75-'79), I used to get gas at a Hess station. Saw the collectible trucks/vehicles they had around Christmas and never paid any attention to it then. If I'd only known, lol.

I used to drive tankers for Hess from 92-97. Back in 94 they had trucks that they could not sell, so in 95 they did not make as many and that year is worth more than average. In 95 after they sold all of them they started selling the 94's from the previous year. People were getting upset with the stations after finding out that they did not get the correct one. I would usually buy 3, one for myself and two for my nephews. That year after I found out what was happening , I kept all three and bought them some other gift. btw-the 95's were a toy truck and helicopter.

I checked the Hess site and they've already sold-out of the '08 model. I went searching and found it on 3 different collector sites. One guy is selling them for $89, one wants $115, and the other one wants about $125! :shock:

The original price from Hess was $22.99.

Latest posts