East Tennessee Tournaments and/or clubs. please help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_washannon

Reaction score
I am looking to start some turnaments and possibly a club in east tennessee, but i would like to know what sort of participation i would get before i got waist deep into. I would like to fish melton hill or norris, possibly fort loudon. let me know what you think or if anybody knows of any clubs or tournaments in my area. Thanks.

As long as its a metal boat and it floats. Or whatever everybody wants to do. it all depends on what i can get the best outcome with. any suggestions?

You should make it an any Tin boat Tournament but Electric only if that is what the smallest boat has. Everything else should remain the same for rules.

Just my .02 :)

Im still sort of new to the site and dont have all the terminology down yet, could someone please define the difference between tin and jon?

Ok then i guess tins. As soon as I can get enough people interested we will set a date to get together. what sort of limit or restrictions should be but on outboards? I would rather not go electric only.

Only problem we got around here in east TN is that there isn't any small lakes like alot of these other guys are fishing. All we got is big (5K-30K+ acres)lakes that are overrun with either big tournament glassboat fishermen, or joyriders. It would be problematic to fish an electric only tx out of these lakes I would think. :?

An all Tin club would be awesome!! Txs would consist of a well defined boundry area that fishing is allowed. Everyone who fished would have to sign a release stating that they are in agreement, and that anyone of course caught violating the rules would not be permitted in the event again. Small entry fees and good comradeship would be awesome!!!

For those that don't have a tinboat with an outboard, could fish with the guys that do. I for one would be up for it, and i'm pretty sure Wes(whj) would be too. I'm sure there are plenty of other "tinboat" guys around East TN that just don't happen to know about the site yet that would be up for it.

I'm game... if you'll let me in. Let me know what you decide on times and locals.

Just a thought here (which is always dangerous) but you might try one on Chilhowee Lake. It's a rather small body of water when compared to all the other ones in East TN.

Latest posts