help with shimano reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
im just picked up a shimano cu-200 5 ball bearing ( bantam curado) baitcast reel and as i put line onit seems hat the line goes on heavier on the right side. the reel seems to work all right other than that. is there a trck to putting the line on. im new to this style reel and im up for suggestions. i would be very thankful for any feedback.

Make sure you put the line through the line pawl (or whatever its called) in the front...I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've done it 2-3 times. If it is, I would get on a boat let all the line out and reel it back in. Don't tie anything on the line.

I've had the same thing happen to me with one of my Shimanos and an Abu Garcia. I know it sounds like it wouldn't make any difference but make a long cast with a big bait and reel it back in. Maybe its something with the amount of resistance (not applying enough when spooling)(?) but it always evens out after a few casts. Hope this helps

my Curado Bs seem to load up like that but it never affects anything, a couple good casts and it even. My Garcia Revo winds really evenly, all the way to the edges of the spool, but it doesn't seem to make any difference performance-wise.

thanks guys. i didnt think it would be much of a problem other than i thought it might interfear with the catsing a little. i just didnt want to take it out and have all kinda problems with it. that can ruina good day of fishing.

When I load line on my bait casters I make sure that thingy that goes back and forth is directly in front of my starting point than i put the line between my thumb and forfinger and manually move the line back and forth to follow that thingy, it seemed to work for me :)

Latest posts