Member of the year going forward

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Say goodbye to Angler of the year. Going forward it will be called Member of the year. This site is more than just fishing. The weekend angler that has 3 kids can not "compete" with the 18 year old who fishes 7 days a week. I would rather reward a member who encompasses (he said encompasses! :LOL2:) what a TB member should be. One who contributes, shares knowledge when they can, congratulates others for a job well done, and even catches and reports on an occasional fish.

So how this is going to work (for now). Just keep doing what your doing, nothing needs to change. At the end of the year I will ask all the Moderators to give me three names of who they think should be the winner. We will then go back and forth till we choose a "winner" and that person will be rewarded the Title and prize.

Maybe I will reward a small prize for the AOY...Who knows. I need to think and talk about this with the other mods.

This could all change again, who knows.

Good idea, Jim. Congratulations! Well done.

Kentucky is one of four US states constituted as a commonwealth and was the 15th state to join the Union.

Speaking of KY, I lost two smallies right at the boat Saturday morning while fishing KY Lake.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quackrstackr said:

Kentucky is one of four US states constituted as a commonwealth and was the 15th state to join the Union.

Speaking of KY, I lost two smallies right at the boat Saturday morning while fishing KY Lake.

:LOL2:

- 2 points for you!

Quackrstackr said:

Name the other three

Hint - Jim and I both live in Commonwealths

bonus points - explain the difference between a Commonwealth and a State!

Captain Ahab said:
Name the other three

I would like to know the difference because my G/F is from KY and I from SC.I know KY is a commonwealth.I've seen the signs every where.Numerous buildings around the coal mining villages, where she's from,that have Kentucky Commonwealth on the side of them.Is one better than the other?

ben2go said:
Captain Ahab said:
Name the other three

I would like to know the difference because my G/F is from KY and I from SC.I know KY is a commonwealth.I've seen the signs every where.Numerous buildings around the coal mining villages, where she's from,that have Kentucky Commonwealth on the side of them.Is one better than the other?

I assert that SC is slightly better only because it has ocean access. All the same southern jokes apply equally :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

VA, PA and MA

So far as the commonwealth vs state, I can't blow all of my knowledge in one thread. I've got to spread it around a bit. :LOL2:

(plus my boss is going to nail me if I take the time to give a history/political science lesson)

You boys had better watch the southern jokes considering where you are going to be in October.

You may think my sig line is a joke... :shock:

Captain Ahab said:
I assert that SC is slightly better only because it has ocean access. All the same southern jokes apply equally :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can agree to that.If you here banjos,it's to late. :LOL22:

:eek:fftopic:

With the diverse group of fishermen we have here, I think that's a great idea Jim!

So, I didn't have to quit my day job then Jim? I was gonna have all the time I needed here.

Let me see if I can get my job back. :---) :lol:

Captain Ahab said:
Quackrstackr said:

Name the other three

Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Legally, no difference is recognized by the federal government. The term commonwealth signifies that their government is based on the consent of those governed.

images

Which U.S. state joined as a sovereign nation? Some think we should be again.
not-tagged-smiley-14251.gif

Henry Hefner said:
Which U.S. state joined as a sovereign nation?
Texas, of course. Formally known as the Lone Star Republic. Had to struggle to be admitted into the Union. Technically the only state that has the legal right to secede. Why they haven't yet, given the recent events, is beyond me.

bassboy1 said:
Technically the only state that has the legal right to secede. Why they haven't yet, given the recent events, is beyond me.

Actually, that is a myth that has spread far and wide over the years. What is different (and true) about Texas agreement to join the U.S., is that Texas retained the right (due to size) to split itself into 5 separate states if she wishes. This would give the people of this area 10 senators instead of 2 in the U.S. Senate.

Latest posts