14ft Monark Jon Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put it in the water yesterday! the pole is ok with my butt seat but not with my regular seat. The battery is a little too much weight for the front when I am by myself. When someone is in the back it is fine though. I have made some adjustments and added hinges. I will post some final pic's this weekend.

Man, I have been checking Craigslist everyday hoping to find a really cheap boat for my next project. You guys have me addicted!

Your boat looks great and is really coming together. One thing that i see is the 12 volt accessory plug on the step up of the deck. That would become the biggest target for my foot you ever saw. I'd have it ripped off in a matter of minutes. Could you cut the 2X2's and mount it inset into the wall of the step? That way the wiring wouldn't be exposed either. That was just something I saw. Is that the plug in for your trolling motor or what?

Mike

EDIT:
Never mind. Somehow I missed page 8 completely and I see now that you've got it all done. I can't see how you mounted the plug for the TM but I had noticed on one of the earlier pages it looked like it was mounted at a 90 degree angle to the 2X2s it was mounted on.

I never posted final pictures so here they are!

Attachments

• boat 216.jpg
    boat 216.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,556
  • boat 218.jpg
    boat 218.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,552
  • boat 223.jpg
    boat 223.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,554
  • boat 224.jpg
    boat 224.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,558
  • boat 225.jpg
    boat 225.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,556
OK! It's in the mail! After a few months of fishing out of my modified Jon I have noticed a couple things.

First, I hate having a white boat. I think the idea is awesome but I live on one of the dirtiest lakes in Arkansas. I have a brown ring around it every time I pull it out of the water.

Second, I have a couple of rivets leaking. Most people wouldn't even notice but after spend all that time redoing it little stuff tends to annoy me.

As for what's in the mail..........Olive Steel-Flex 9x! heck yeah!

For now I will have to endure the brown ring because as soon as I get off work today I’m setting a trot line out.

Traded your boat??? What did you get for it? You really did a great job on it, so I hope it's something very nice

baptistpreach said:
Traded your boat??? What did you get for it? You really did a great job on it, so I hope it's something very nice

Not real sure the name of it. I was going to post pic's last night but I got home late from my softball game. When I registered it I think they told me it was a ouachita??? It is completely open from the front to the transom and the sides are about six inches deep. It has spray in styrofoam inside the sides.

I really wanted to do another boat since i hardly ever bass fish!

I would not give the white color a second thought. It's going to last longer due to the high quality and the boat will stay cooler in the summer. Now when you finish your mod, get two big dragon stincels made with flames screaming out their mouths and put them down the sides. You talk about a one-off. "Sir Slab Slayer" "Lance A Lot of Hogs" "A Knight's Fishing Tail" "Knight's of the Round Sow" I got a million of em.

Nick Jones said:
Could you guy's give me some suggestions on how to permanently attach my decks. I do not want to screw them down. I was thinking of using f26 but my father-n-law told me not to get it on the rubber backing because it may melt it. Any Ideas or suggestion on what to use?

How did you resolve this?

Latest posts