85 Lund Pike Pro 16 floor replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alval

Reaction score
Hello All,
New to the forum and new to the floor replacement I am undertaking. I have attached some photos of the progress so far. Currently I am waiting to see if the existing foam will dry out at all, pretty wet in some areas. I am sure I'll have lots of questions for you all, but let's start with this: Does anyone know if all the sheet aluminum that you see is factory or were they possibly added by the last guy to replace the floor?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
This is a 1985 Lund Pike Pro, 16 foot.

Attachments

• 20240811_113539.jpg
    20240811_113539.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240811_121543.jpg
    20240811_121543.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240811_143929.jpg
    20240811_143929.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240811_153320.jpg
    20240811_153320.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 2
You're going to be waiting a long time for that foam to dry out. A very long time. You'll be better off removing the foam replacing it with new.

You didn't ask, but if it was me, I'd remove that foam and replace it with cut pieces of extruded polystyrene (EPS) foam. EPS is available in 4X8 sheets of varying thickness (two inches is very common) and is very cost effective. You would cut it into chunks and fill the spaces with that foam.

The downside to the EPS is that it likely would not provided support to a span of sheet aluminum, so you would need to be mindful of the structure that supports the aluminum deck.

I don't know if Lund used aluminum for decking in that year/model boat. Lund provides their annual catalogs online and perhaps the 1985 catalog talks about it. If the aluminum sheeting is in reusable condition, I think I would definitely go that way if I could.

Hello All,
New to the forum and new to the floor replacement I am undertaking. I have attached some photos of the progress so far. Currently I am waiting to see if the existing foam will dry out at all, pretty wet in some areas. I am sure I'll have lots of questions for you all, but let's start with this: Does anyone know if all the sheet aluminum that you see is factory or were they possibly added by the last guy to replace the floor?
Well , I am a semi newbie here and I myself with help from the folks here re-did my whole deck & foam even though 1/2 way through the foam was dry 1/2 was soaked I could push on it and water would perk up so i choose to clean whole thing out and use the board 2 in. in blocks L X W X D and fit all into place then used the 2 part LIQUID series to fill in gaps to make it as solid/ BOUYANCY wise as was before.

Attachments

• boat foam.png
    boat foam.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 0
  • clean  hull 4.jpg
    clean hull 4.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
  • clean hull 2.jpg
    clean hull 2.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 0
  • clean hull 3.jpg
    clean hull 3.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 0
  • clean hull 6.jpg
    clean hull 6.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 0
  • clean hull 7.jpg
    clean hull 7.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello All,
only diff w/ me I didn't have foam in belly of hull only along sides and bow, but still replaced whole deck

I did a Lund simular to yours and documented it on this site. My boat was a couple years older. the aluminum plates under the floor came that way from the factory. I did a complete rebuild, floor, carpet, decking, bow plate, etc. My foam was dry.

Serch for a "Life_of_a_Lund" to find the write up. Take your time and have fun

I did a Lund simular to yours and documented it on this site. My boat was a couple years older. the aluminum plates under the floor came that way from the factory. I did a complete rebuild, floor, carpet, decking, bow plate, etc. My foam was dry.

Serch for a "Life_of_a_Lund" to find the write up. Take your time and have fun
I agree def. take your time doing it & you will also find that you and your boat become one esp. if a newbie like I was. Havin a boat is one thing knowing insides and outside of boat a whole diff ball game and you find you appreciate it more with what it gives in return.

Hello All,
I am sure I am a bit late with my answer but better late than never / when I did my boat, I found the pours in each dept. of the boat was done in one pour some I seen online did it in two as not knowing amount to use, whereas the manufacturer did most of time any way's and most not shaved flat. have found when poured they new how much and covered as found side bench's attached to foam underneath which means foam was still wet and expanding & the spotting of foam here & there and seeing the new foam with the old is very noticeable, I would say it was partly factory installed due to coloration of old foam & whomever lifted floor first time just added foam & closed her up. saying N FRICKIN W, was they going to get involved with cleaning all that out , as far as the metal floor frameing plates ?? part looks like factory and part looks like non prof. installed for what ever reason soft area's ?????{my opinion }

Last edited: