9-28 Fox Chain

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I only went as far south as Beer Can Bridge today. I did lose a monster Eye under there this morning. Line parted as I was reaching for my net. looked to be over the slot limit that's for sure (23"+). Guess I need heavier than 4 pound line. Current was pretty good through there but with 3 bank fishermen and another boat working there it was a lot of pressure. I was surprised I even had a hit. Boated a nice 10" Crappie there on my first pass. Boated 8 Walleye all day with 2 keepers (14.5" & 16"). Stupid me, I took a picture of the ones I threw back but not the keepers. Also landed a nice 16.5", 2.5 lb LM Bass today in the Marie/Channel channel (FishingCop, same one? Same place, maybe. Nah, the other one was bigger). So total catch was 8 Eyes (2 keepers), 2 Crappie (kept both), 2 LMB, a Drum and 4 small Gills. Everything on 1/16 oz jigs with fatheads. Used chanteuse and red ones with the Crappie preferring the red. If you look closely in the last picture you can make out one of the Walleyes curved around the Mountain Dew bottle.

92808001_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

92808007_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

92808006_%28600_x_450%29.jpg

Also landed a nice 16.5", 2.5 lb LM Bass today in the Marie/Channel channel (FishingCop, same one? Same place, maybe. Nah, the other one was bigger).

Yeah, It was definately bigger (If your talking about the one I cut loose on you, right??) :lol:

So. Why wasn't I out there with you????? :(

I was supposed to take the wife this morning but she vacuumed and shampoo'd the carpets yesterday and this morning her back was hurting too much to want to ride in the boat. If you lived a lot closer I would have called you to meet me at Barnical Bob's. I bought 3 dozen minnows and only needed half that.

flounderhead59 said:
I was supposed to take the wife this morning but she vacuumed and shampoo'd the carpets yesterday and this morning her back was hurting too much to want to ride in the boat. If you lived a lot closer I would have called you to meet me at Barnical Bob's. I bought 3 dozen minnows and only needed half that.

Okay, but tell your wife to get her back pain the night before next time so you can invite a TinBoats friend :lol:

(hope she's feeling better soon)

So do you keep them alive in water until you get home or do you cut them on the spot ?

SVNET said:
So do you keep them alive in water until you get home or do you cut them on the spot ?

When fishing for Salmon I will cut and bleed them because I know that:
#1 if they go in my livewell, I'm keeping them and,
#2 Once in the livewell, they don't have a high survival rate even if uncut.

When I go inland fishing for panfish and Walleye, I don't bleed them. They are heartier than Salmon and in the livewell with the airater on I would say that like 99% of them are alive when I get home. If I am inland fishing, when I get back to the dock and don't have as many as I would like, sometimes I'll just release them there. Otherwise I wold probably bleed them as well.

Nice! lol.....so....how did Beer Can Bridge get it's name ?

ST

That bass looked alittle skinny,probably be pound heavier with it's winter weight on.
Great day .

Beer can bridge is a low clearance iron beam bridge that connects two of the larger and hence more popular boating lakes in th Fox Chain. Since it is made from iron I-beams there is plenty of "ledge" space. During the peak of the summer boating many people stand up in their boats and place their empty cans (and bottles) on these ledges. Even though "Beer Can Bridge" is a locally generated nickname it is labled as such on the Hot Spots map. Next time I go out I'll take a picture of it. They way you guys vote on here it would have probably won as a "wild life" picture too. :lol:

Though the bass looked skinny it fought well. Especially on my UL with 4# mono.

flounderhead59 said:
Beer can bridge is a low clearance iron beam bridge that connects two of the larger and hence more popular boating lakes in th Fox Chain. Since it is made from iron I-beams there is plenty of "ledge" space. During the peak of the summer boating many people stand up in their boats and place their empty cans (and bottles) on these ledges. Even though "Beer Can Bridge" is a locally generated nickname it is labled as such on the Hot Spots map. Next time I go out I'll take a picture of it. They way you guys vote on here it would have probably won as a "wild life" picture too. :lol:

Was it Beer Can that I caught two in two casts when we were out??? A good spot for sure. Again, nice fish...

FishingCop said:
flounderhead59 said:

Was it Beer Can that I caught two in two casts when we were out??? A good spot for sure. Again, nice fish...

Yessir it were. As a good guide, I put you right on the fish huh? :LOL22: :- :-

Though the bass looked skinny it fought well. Especially on my UL with 4# mono.[/quote]

Was it Beer Can that I caught two in two casts when we were out??? A good spot for sure. Again, nice fish...[/quote]

Yessir it were. As a good guide, I put you right on the fish huh? :LOL22: :- :-[/quote]

Oh yeah, you put me on the fish for sure - next time, how about some keepers insead of just dinks :p :p :p
:lol: :lol:

(Is he laughing??)

Don't recall you asking for keeper sized fish. Thought you just wanted to learn some spots. Okay, I suppose we'll have to get you back up here to fish for some keepers. Jammed with work for the next 2 weeks. Sun, Mon 10-12, 10-13? Watch the weather and we'll see what's what. Heard a guy took a 25" Walleye using redworms while fishing for Blue Gills. :shock: That'll wake you up for sure.

flounderhead59 said:
Don't recall you asking for keeper sized fish. Thought you just wanted to learn some spots. Okay, I suppose we'll have to get you back up here to fish for some keepers. Jammed with work for the next 2 weeks. Sun, Mon 10-12, 10-13? Watch the weather and we'll see what's what. Heard a guy took a 25" Walleye using redworms while fishing for Blue Gills. :shock: That'll wake you up for sure.

Hey, I'll take you up on another trip - you can show me what you really got :D This time I'll get Ahab to do up a contract so they'll be no confusion :p :p Keeper walleyes, while we're fishing with redworms for bluegills, we'll get that written into the contract too :lol:

Actually, my son is getting married on the 11th, so the 12th is definately out. I'm pretty sure the out of towners will be gone so maybe the 13th might work. We can watch the weather and see if we can make it work. Thanks for the second chance 8)

Latest posts