Abu Garcia Revo SX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcritch

Reaction score
I finally made a decision on which baitcaster to purchase this year and I went with the Abu Garcia Revo SX. I found one on EBay for $129.99 the list price is $159.99. The description says that it's this year’s model but it is probably last years. I'm not sure if there is even a difference.

In reading the reviews on BPS 25 out of 27 people rated this reel as a 5 Star product. Only one person was unsatisfied with the reel.

Reel Description:
Whipping up on heavyweights worldwide, the lightweight Abu Garcia Revo SX Low-Profile Baitcast Reel has started a revolution among anglers everywhere. One of Abu Garcia's toughest reels to date, the Revo SX Reel features precision machined Duragear™ brass gears with an oversized main gear housed within an aluminum frame. This gear configuration makes the reel smooth and reliable while increasing its overall strength and durability. The Carbon Matrix Drag™ system is constantly smooth across all drag settings, and the shielded stainless steel bearings and corrosion resistant roller and spool bearings provide ultra smooth casting and retrieve with life-long performance. The Revo SX also features the Linear Magnetic Brake™ System which allows fine tuning in any casting application by consistently applying mag force to the spool while a six-pin centrifugal brake aids in controlling casts in varying fishing conditions. Be a part of the revolution and try one today.

Attachments

• 350-076-00.jpg
    350-076-00.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,907
Congrats on the new reel. I am sure you will be happy. I have a revo stx and love it. I know others with the SX and feel the same. Good luck and I hope you land a lunker with it.

Ive only heard good things about revos, makes me want to give one a few casts my self to see what all the fuss is about, good luck with it.

Just to let U know that the SX does not have the six-pin centrifugal, revo s does have six-pin centrifugal..

now i just look up Abu Garcia Revo SX... and it says config: right hand left hand.. are they talking about, that is made for your left hand or right hand
???.. i fish holding the rod on my right hand and i reel in with my left..

wondering,, cuz it looks sick *** hell,, those reels..

You are correct that you can order it righty or lefty.

Righty if you hold the rod in your left hand and turn the handle with the right hand
Lefty if you hold the rod in your right hand and turn the handle with your left hand.

Jim said:

Righty if you hold the rod in your left hand and turn the handle with the right hand
Lefty if you hold the rod in your right hand and turn the handle with your left hand.

Thanks Jim!!! ,, always there to help!

Jim said:

See, that's one thing that cornfuses me. Why is a R/H baitcaster reeled with the right hand but a R/H spinning reel reeled with the left?

flounderhead59 said:
Jim said:

See, that's one thing that cornfuses me. Why is a R/H baitcaster reeled with the right hand but a R/H spinning reel reeled with the left?

If a reel doesn't come right-handed I place the handle on the right side of my spinning reels (reel hanging under the rod) to make them right-handed. :-k

I have two of each model Revo. The SX is a fine reel. I've heard a couple of complaints, but only a couple. My SXs have performed flawlessly.