Anyone Know What This Is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a watch makers tool. I have no clue how it's used. And it's an antique.
I disagree. You can find new tools of the same design made of plastic for pinching off fuel and brake hoses. the part that's on the handles is for locking the tool in the closed position.

It's a watch makers tool. I have no clue how it's used. And it's an antique.

I would have never guessed it had anything to do with watchmaking. After reading your post I did a little googling. It is a watchmakers pivot clamping hand vice. Based on how it came to me, it is pretty old.

Looks like a fuel hose pinch tool.

I thought that made a lot of sense untill I saw the watchmaker tool. I could still use it for that if needed. Could use it to hold a lure too!

I may be WAY wrong, but a tool used on a horse's huff?

Based on the way it came to me, something like that would have made more sense than a watchmaker's tool.

Hose clamp. To work on something without the fuel/coolant/whatever from coming out.

Makes sense and could be used for that. But, @Stand Up nailed it. Based on what I see on the internet, it is definitely a watchmaker's pivot clamp tool.

Good to know. Sorry, I missed that.

It was hard to tell how big/small they are, but they look like they work the same. Pinch down and slide the retainer clip back to hold it in place. Now, most of them are either plastic or complicated-looking

1727188091319.png

Latest posts