Aquos boat seat and pedestal? Pedestal style?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy1436

Reaction score
Hi - new member, but I've been using the forum as a resource for a while now. I'm converting a Tracker 1436, with low decks, seats, and some storage and I look forward to giving back the forum as that build progresses. I'll have seats on the decks, not on the benches (one between back and middle bench and one forward of the middle bench). I'm keeping the seats low and decks too, for stability. Also, I don't want a leaning post - I want a chair. Maybe this is weird, but I like to fish sitting on a comfortable seat. I stand occasionally to stretch the legs of course. When under way we'll use the benches or otherwise hunker down - these seats are not for motoring in.

I like the look of the skinny post with 3/4" insert type pedestals. It is sleek. Professional. I am price sensitive, but not wanting to get a sloppy fit or poor quality that I'll end up replacing in a year. Springfield, Attwood, Swivl-Ease, all seem about the same. BUT - a problem with this style is that my middle deck would not have much room underneath (deck will sit on the existing aluminum bracing / ribs). The pin type pedestals I've seen require 3 - 4 inches under the deck, so I would have to build a short base on the top of deck to raise the base and house the bottom pin. Maybe I should go with another style pedestal. This long build up brings me to my question. I found these seats at Aquos Store, on e-bay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUOS-Boat-Seat-Adjustable-Height-Power-Pedestal-w-Seat-Mount-12-7-18-1-/221509439155?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item3392fdceb3

Great price - $100 for the whole kit, adjustable height, and with the seat too, and free shipping. I would be getting 2, so the savings over BPS is quite a bit. The mount appears to not require space below the deck, which solves that problem. I worry though about gas cylinders holding up (cheap office chairs fail - lose their ability to stay up), and with a brand I never heard of I worry about build quality in general.

Anyone have any experience with these chairs, or with products from Aquos? It is a store, but I don't see any manufacturer's name on the pedestals so I assume they have them manufactured in the east for their own sales. I'm also open to any input on pedestal type choices or shared experience with one or the other or what to stay away from.

Thanks in advance -

PS - I'm working on a shallow water anchor mount that is a simple DYI if it works I'll post pics and try to give back to the forum on that subject shortly.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,039
Don't know anything about the Aquos, but the 3/4" you could reverse the male and female bases, mounting the male to the deck and the female to the seat underside. The torque on each will be the same either way. It will create a post that sticks up perpetually, but if the seats are mounted it won't be a tripping hazard. Plus the Attwood ones are on clearance at Walmart now

I like that style of chair, it is what I have and it holds up well plus inexpensive. Frankly the base looks lightweight to me, not big enough but I don't have first hand experience with it. Mine are factory, way down thru the floor and about 2" ID post, good thing for a fat boy like me. I don't see the purpose of a swivel if you have a 3/4" pin mount on top, seems redundant. Mine had that, I removed the swivel part.
Tim