C&R for 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Wife and I decided that a day on the Fox Chain might just be the ticket. We launched from the State Park launch and worked the river for a while. River was flowing faster than my little 12VDC 46lb thrust TM could push, especially under bridges and in the narrow sections. Boat handling on the river was a little difficult. After we exited onto Grass Lake we went north to work some on Channel and Bluff lakes. From there we went south and worked some structure on Fox Lake and a couple places on Pistakee. Talked with a few fellow anglers out here and it was slow everywhere. We both enjoyed ourselves, enjoyed looking at some nice scenery on a beautiful day and boated close to a dozen fish from various species including Walleye, LM Bass, White Bass and the highly coveted Drum. I will say that Walmart jig heads suck and I stupidly forgot to get some of the ones the guide we used uses (Reeve's). The eye pulled out of 2 of the jig heads and the hook broke on another when it got snagged. We're using 6 lb test which was tougher than the jig hooks. I'm gonna place an order for a bunch of them jig heads JD sells.

Sorry guys, no pictures today.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I was confused at first not to see a few fat salmon hanging from your brag board. A change of pace is always nice once in a while. Walmart jigheads definately suck, I bought some for tubes a while back and I would have been better off just fishing the tubes without a hook :(

Sounds like a good day. Ive used walmart jig heads before also (renegade i think) I really dont have that much of a problem with them, I know going in there cheap, so I expect them to dull, bend outa shape and what not. Lately tho Ive been hookin into some blue cats with em, and I dont think Ive ever seen any type of hook bend so much.

The Reeve's jig the guide uses were wire hooks andthey straightened a little when snagged and we never lost a jig. These from Walmart wouldn't bend at all, they just broke. The hooks were brittle, I broke an eye off of one while cleaning the paint out of the eye. The unpainted ones were better though. I still liked the Reeve's ones as they were also weedless.

Oh wow I havent had any break, well left part of a hook in a blues mouth, but he had it commin

Latest posts