Downrigger and Pot Puller Mounts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilstallings

Reaction score
Looking at selling my 90s 12' Smokercraft, and upgrading to a brand new 15' Smokercraft Alaskan. I'd like to have a larger platform for crab and shrimp pot pulling, along with more room for the lady and pups.

I'm trying to get some ideas for VERY structurally sound mounts/bases for electric downriggers and a pot puller. Pics would be appreciated.

Cheers!

My previous boat was a 15' Klamath Advantage. It had a couple of boxes in each corner of the transom which are basically just spaces for foam floatation.

I had the pictured DR brackets fabricated by Fish On Fabrications (TinBoat sponsors). They are bolted through the gunnel and at the bottom to the floatation boxes. You can see a shim at the gunnel that I milled out of starboard. They were a heck of a lot more sturdy than the gunnel mount ones from Scotty. I'm sure there are other options and your boat's configuration might dictate what will work best for you.

BTW, I'm in California and Fish-On Fabrications is in Georgia. I just emailed them a rough drawing and they mailed back the finished product. Very easy to deal with and I was very comfortable with the price, even including the mailing cost. Check them out if you are thinking of having something custom made.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 7.31.31 PM.png

Latest posts