Help with my lowrance elite 5 hdi

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jusphil85

Reaction score
image.jpgWell I've been fishing with my grandpa and talked him into splitting a lowrance elite 5 hdi and the sonar and downscan are pretty grainy. I messed with all the settings that people suggest. I've been told by a dealer that we could have a bad transducer. My grandpa wired this thing up while I was working and he spliced into the trolling motor wire going to the battery. I have tried to tell him that is the problem but I'm looking for more expert input

perchjerker said:
if you suspect the trolling motor is causing the interference then try turning it off and see if the interference goes away.
It's a hand control tm and we did stop the trolling motor. But it stayed the same

I'm assuming the transducer is mounted on the trolling motor? Try and mount it as far away from the prop as possible. Also it is best to not splice into the power line for the trolling motor. You could also try to adjust the contrast on the screen. If all else fails, try the firmware update on the Lowrance website. All these are free options and as a last resort, have lowrance send you a new transducer (should be free of charge as well just have to wait for it).