Introduction- hello, I'm Jethro

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there, just want to introduce myself, my name is Geoff but I go by Jethro on a lot of forums. Bit of a forum addict. Anyway, I've owned a few tin boats, but nothing more than a row boat or small jon boat until I got my 1993 Starcraft SF140DLX. Got it a few weeks ago for $1500, just like you see it. I think i got a good deal. Oh wait, it required one new light on the trailer, driver side. So I'm into this boat for $1514.99. I do a lot of fishing here in NH (my home state) and also Maine. Some in MA but not much.

So I hope you guys see me posting around here, I'll contribute when I can! Everyone likes pics, so here they are of my new vessel:

IMG_4703-L.jpg

IMG_4700-L.jpg

Very nice but, the first thing you need to do is replace those rust steel bolts with stainless, never use steel on aluminum. Have fun and good luch fishing!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=323687#p323687 said:
surfman » 26 Jul 2013, 08:08[/url]"]Very nice but, the first thing you need to do is replace those rust steel bolts with stainless, never use steel on aluminum. Have fun and good luch fishing!

I hear ya. I don't know what this previous owner was thinking, those bolts are holding on those small "U" cleats. All rusted. Unfortunately it's going to have to wait, too busy bass fishing right now!

Latest posts