Kerr Lake / Buggs Island 10/30 - 11/1

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Went to Kerr / Buggs Island this past weekend for a club tournament..

PreFish Friday I blanked, but my partner somehow caught many 12-14 inchers even though we were throwing the same bait in the same locations. They were hitting on 4 inch watermelon senkos thrown into schooling shad in the coves off the mainlake.

Satuday: 1st day of tourny. I caught 3 weighing 3lb 13.5 OZ total. Caught them all on crankbait near ripwrap of bridges. The bait was a Bandit 200 in a Blue and Chart. splatterback. My partner got 2nd place for the day and I forgot his total weight but it was over 6lbs, caught on the same type of crankbait and a brushhog

Sunday: 2nd day of tourny it was pouring the rain and got colder, I had 1 keeper that was 1lb 8oz caught him on a white and blue mini buzzbait. I missed a nice one on a crankbait because he came off. My partner caught 3 with the same buzzbait and I forgot his weight

On Saturday I got an email from my wife that my father was put back in the hospital, this time a CT scan shows a spot on his brain and it might be cancer.. This made it mentally challeneging for me to fish and I figure that is one reason why I really wasnt into it on Sunday...

Attachments

• DFireup.jpg
    DFireup.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 464
  • DMap.jpg
    DMap.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 464
  • D-Retie.jpg
    D-Retie.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Rods.jpg
    Rods.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 464
  • SuperD.jpg
    SuperD.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 464
  • UpCreek.jpg
    UpCreek.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 464
  • IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 464
  • BassRig.jpg
    BassRig.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 464
We forgot to take pictures of the fish since we were in tournament mode. Sunday it poured the rain and the digital camera would have been ruined anyway..

Looks you guys had trouble trying to find good water! I fish out of Rocky Mount NC (bout an hour east) and was thinking about going to falls lake for some crank bait fishing but theyre hurtin for water too! Our reservoirs bout dried up here at the Tar. Try a 5" Punkin/Chart lizard in the bushes That works well out there when theyre bittin!

Nice outfit ....Hard to concentrate with all that weighing on ya brotha...You hang in there ya here...JIGGY