My venison backstrap recipe....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honers

Reaction score
i've ate alot of backstraps in my days...but this particular recipe seems to just melt in yer mouth....

1 nice big ole backstrap....
8oz chunk of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
bacon
Jalepeno peppers ( i prefer the ones in a jar )

this is simple and quick

Leave your backstrap whole....cut a slit down middle bout half way thru ( i like to cut er right at the "V" where ya peel er off the deer )

Layer that baby with the cream cheese.....add in your Jalepeno peppers....gently squeeze the strap together....take your bacon and wrap around the straps....secure with toothpicks....

place it on a grill for about 8 minutes on each side...use your own preference....i like mines about like i do my steaks...medium rare....flip it over on the other side for about the same amount of time....

whisk it off the grill.....and ta-da...she's ready to eat....

you can eat it as is or make a good ole 3-course meal with veggies and tators....

give it a try....let me know what ya think....

wow...never thought of putting it on a smoker....sounds like a good thing to do before we head out for an afternoon hunt this coming deer season....

will keep that in mind for sure.... =D>

i like your style buddy

we cook ours alot wraped in bacon, but never a whole strap w/ cheese and peppers (my fav)

i ate my last bamby strap (road kill) the other nite. i hope i see another one get hit because i dont think i can wait till season

mmmmmmmmm

Loggerhead Mike said:
i like your style buddy

we cook ours alot wraped in bacon, but never a whole strap w/ cheese and peppers (my fav)

i ate my last bamby strap (road kill) the other nite. i hope i see another one get hit because i dont think i can wait till season

mmmmmmmmm

i hear ya.....i'm lookin at it as.....90 more days.....give me my bow....a nice cool mornin....need i say anymore.....i'm no trophy hunter....i'm a food hunter....

Latest posts