New to me 14' V-Hull, new to converting.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassRookie7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been reading these forums for the past couple of weeks and have finally decided to get started on my boat. It is a 14' V-hull, not sure of the manufacturer, pretty old and in fairly descent shape. I have been fishing with it for about a year now and am tired of not being able to stand up and move around on it. Anyways, on to my point here. What type of wood would any of you recommend. I'd like to be able to have two 200lb guys on it so obviously I need to go light. My only plans for it at this point are to deck it from bow to stern (with access for batteries and tackle) and get a foot drive tolling motor. I really like what you guys are doing with yours and if you have any recommendations or ideas, I sure would appreciate it. I am an airline pilot by trade and a bass pro in my dreams so this will be my baby until I get some cajones (and a raise) and buy a real bass boat. I will post pics of the boat this weekend as soon as I return from my trip. Love the boats and the site, guys, keep up the great work.

-Rook

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! =D>

You do have a real Bass Boat! :D

Once you get the pictures up, It will be easier for the members to give you ideas for your boat.

Airline Pilot! :beer:

stay with the real bass boat ya already got rook, cheaper on everything down the road.

I'll start by saying use 5/8 thick plywood, theres some fellas that uses 3/8.

and Welcome aboard :D

Latest posts