Newbie Introduction - 15' V-Hull Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about putting some LED's in my tin as well. i'm at that point in my build where i'm tinkering and missing those 4-5 hour "work sessions" on the boat hahaha.

Darrell, we should plan a day sometime in the future to hold a "southern states" tin boat members get-together... was just thinking about it recently, we all kinda became friends on here and drool at each other's projects, why not set aside one day or weekend a year to get the builds on the water somewhere centrally located and have some man time!

Just a thought, let me know what you think.

HAPPY 4TH!!

Well guys, I sold Lil' Fisher last week and purchased a full grown (glass) bass boat. I just couldn't help it. I got out several times on my tin and loved it but wanted the convenience of hopping right in and driving off to fish. A very nice older gentlemen just down the road purchased her. He told me it was becuase I had documented everything so well on Tinboats as the reason for purchasing it without haggling on the price. I did take a $500 loss on the project but the experience was well worth it. In addition, I think I lost about 10lbs working on my tin, so win-win for me.

I am almost positive I will have another tin boat project in the not too distant future because every time I pass by one in someone's yard I just have to look at it. Just yesterday when I was out at the boat launch in my new boat there was a couple youngsters in a v-hull trying tirelessly to get their 72' Rude going. I shouted over some advice and they were able to get it going.

I do hope that I am not ostracized from the TinBoats community as I would like to stay an active member. I also would like to leave my project up for others to see so I can answer any questions or give advice when needed.

Lastly, I want to thank all the great people on here for the advice and camaraderie.

Cherokee, I am still up for getting together if you can throw something together in the future. I will just hitch a ride on your boat if I don't already own another by then. Please stay safe brother.

Attachments

• 3G63Je3N25I85Me5t2d6gccd0fb9f5a35159e.jpg
    3G63Je3N25I85Me5t2d6gccd0fb9f5a35159e.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,419
  • 3r73F33sb5I25H15t5d6g6471194a87d718b9.jpg
    3r73F33sb5I25H15t5d6g6471194a87d718b9.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,419
whats up buddy! i hope you are still checking these threads even though you went with your pro bass boat. I just sold my conversion for $2200! pretty slick profit seeing as it started as a $400 boat :)

Anyways, i'm picking up a flat bottom jon boat today to start my second build now that i sold this first project. You need to get another project started brother. think about a flat bottom so we can piggyback ideas off each other.

Hope you and your family are well buddy!

Zach

I'm still around and checking the forums periodically. Congrats on the huge profit margin, that is amazing. Been enjoying getting out and fishing but miss having something to work on. I will probably look into another tin this winter (when the deals are better) and do some things different this time around.

Be sure to post some pics of your new project boat when you get it home. Do you have a plan for the decking already?

I will be following your progress and looking around CL for something similar.

Stay safe brother.