Nice LED (solar or USB RE-charge) spotlight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
For Boating Safety:

For boating or maybe around the house as an emergency backup, as I also carry a 12V plug-in powerful spotlight on the boat. But I keep this up on my covered walk-around helm, with the solar array pointed to the sun and it remained fully charged all season long!

It is an LED Solar or USB charged spotlight. It has a white main spot beam of high, low and flashing, then that ‘square’ LED panel as shown is like a utility light of high, low and flashing ‘red’ color.

The charge level is shown as 1 of 3 levels. And I could spot navigation buoys up to 800 to 1000’ away with it (as measured by GPS), really amazing at just how well it worked! I used it intermittently for at least an hour the other night on a really DARK night and it still held the highest charge level shown when done.

The only drawback is that once you use the main ‘high’ beam, you need to cycle the trigger 6 other times quickly to shut it off, or put the beam against your body or towel to retain your ‘night vision’.

But … it was only $15 shipped on eBay! Search eBay for “Bright Solar/USB Rechargeable LED Spotlight Flashlight Searchlight”, typically they run$15 to $18 shipped.

IMG_2584.jpeg