• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boat For Sale Project Boat (1986 StarCraft SS160)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkobor

Reaction score
I have a 1986 Starcraft SS-160 that I purchased intending to restore. It's located in Madison, WI and has a good WI title (and registration through 2027).

The boat needs a new transom and floor. I've started on the transom (old is removed, and new is in-progress) but am forced to sell due to spousal pressure (and realistically, I do not have time to do a good job on the restoration unfortunately). New transom is 2 layers of 3/4" ACX, laminated with marine epoxy. All holes were drilled oversized and filled with thickened epoxy and re-drilled. My intention was to seal the outside with epoxy as well, but didn't get that far. Consider the work-in-progress transom as a slight head start. Pictures available by request.

Asking $300 for the boat & trailer without a motor (willing to negotiate for a motivated buyer). I have a 2-stroke Johnson 70 HP in good shape from another boat, which I was intending to put onto this one. I would sell the motor with the boat for $1000 total, if buyer was interested. If someone buys the boat & trailer without the motor, then I'd also sell the motor separately at that point.

Happy to discuss and/or provide pictures for any interested potential buyers.