Rich Line - Challenger or Model 15??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS4Jay

Reaction score
In the process of transferring the registration from PA to VA, I am about 95% sure my Rich Line is a 1964 Challenger instead of a Model 15. PA had the boat length on the title as 16’ which my friend said was wrong.
Comparing all the actual measurements to the 1964 Rich Line brochure, the gunwale was the same @ 14’11. The beam at 59” not 60” but he redid the seat supports which could account for the difference. The Model 15 beam is 62". The measured length is 14’2” not 14’ but he redid the transom with double layers of composite boards. The bow has a winch D-ring (model 15 ads don’t show one) the Challenger ads do.
The bow construction matches the Challenger brochure which to me is the biggest indicator, even if bow handle looks like the model 15.
Also the serial number is 640084-C14. 64 model year?? C for Challenge?? 14 for length??
Please share a bow profile view of your Model 15 and Challenger around the same year and your thoughts. Virginia wants the Model on the registration application.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 0
If VA is going to look at the PA document, might be better just to use that info, and even attach the PA registration if permitted. Changing things could throw a red flag. If that isn't a worry, then I agree about trying to correct the model info on your new registration. Sorry I can't help with that.

6" difference in transom width between the two.

Attachments

• Richlinebb002.jpg
    Richlinebb002.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1