Rock Ejector

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyGrub

Reaction score
Last fall, took the jet out to test the new side fins, tunnel splash plate, and new motor height. In no time, the vacuum cleaner was clogged with leaves. I tried some of the in-water recipes, including going in reve. rse and shuting the motor off and hanging over the transom and using a fork. Neither worked well for me.

I did a little online research, and most were recommending the Rock Ejector. While it doesn't prevent the occurances, it makes quick work of clearing it. Exercise the lever a couple times and all should be clear.

Ordered the Rock Ejector w/grass control: Ordered As far as I could tell, the grass control one just opens a little farther than thier original product.

Attachments

• IMG_6929.jpg
    IMG_6929.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
Ordered on Friday and received it today.

Attachments

• IMG_8895.jpg
    IMG_8895.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8897.jpg
    IMG_8897.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8896.jpg
    IMG_8896.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 0
I had already watched the installation videos, and it went straight forward.

The true test will be on Thursday. Our next planned outing and most of the leaves are off the trees now.

Attachments

• IMG_8900.jpg
    IMG_8900.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8901.jpg
    IMG_8901.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8902.jpg
    IMG_8902.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 0
Last fall, took the jet out to test the new side fins, tunnel splash plate, and new motor height. In no time, the vacuum cleaner was clogged with leaves. I tried some of the in-water recipes, including going in reve. rse and shuting the motor off and hanging over the transom and using a fork. Neither worked well for me.

I did a little online research, and most were recommending the Rock Ejector. While it doesn't prevent the occurances, it makes quick work of clearing it. Exercise the lever a couple times and all should be clear.

Ordered the Rock Ejector w/grass control: Ordered As far as I could tell, the grass control one just opens a little farther than thier original product.

That looks pretty cool. The last time I went out I clogged up the jet as I pulled back into the ramp. I'm probably heading out tomorrow and either Fri or Sat (or both) so I'll see how bad the leaves are now. I don't usually get out too often once we get past Sep.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Have been considering getting this for my jet for the exact same reason. Leaves are a killer here in East TN as well.

That looks pretty cool. The last time I went out I clogged up the jet as I pulled back into the ramp. I'm probably heading out tomorrow and either Fri or Sat (or both) so I'll see how bad the leaves are now. I don't usually get out too often once we get past Sep.

It’s going to be a heat wave, for this time of year. We’ll go out a few times in November and maybe December.

The shallow, high current areas are generally clear. It’s the flatter areas where the current and wind that creates “islands” of leaves. Easy to see when fresh on the water, but once they go just under the water, hard to avoid.

I forgot to add, that all my exchanges with Jim (owner) have been answered promptly. I had questions if it worked with the side fins and cable length in stock and immediatly available. No more than a day between, and most much less. I give him credit for applying for and jumping thru all the hoops to get a patent.

He also has a FaceBook account where there are any posts by owners.

The lever reminds me of a parking brake from an old Dodge pick-up my dad use to have. :) The longest cable he had in-stock, was 12', which put it parrellel to the seat so will be easy activation. Getting one not in-stock, was an additional 2 weeks. I decided not to try to scrape off the fish tape, for now. We have one on the other side and this will be quieter when the handle cams over and locks in place. .

Attachments

• IMG_8905.jpg
    IMG_8905.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
How easy does the lever move each way? Hiw much force would you say ot takes to actuate it? That's something I've always wondered about it.

We had two great days of fishing. :). Considerable leaves on the water that did cause clogging and cavitation. The Rock Ejector was better than the “reverse method” and hanging off the back and blindly trying to take the grate.

I tried a number of techniques but none of which were 100 percent. After the trips, watched some of Jim’s videos, and found a mention of leaves. He recommended getting going in reverse, while opening and closing the ejector, then shutting off. He mentions that the reverse thrust helps clear the moveable grate. If the leaves are still a problem in mid-Novemeber, will try it.

I also found that I did a minor install error where the cable attaches, just behind the lever. I’ll be correcting but it would not impact function.

Last edited: