• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boat For Sale Starcraft Mariner 160 project/ parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john92673

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My first boat turned out to be more of a project than I can handle. Im trying to recoup what I can and move on. I have a 1986 starcraft mariner 160 for sale with trailer and outboard. The moter is a 1993 murcurey 60hp 2 storke. It runs well and I just cleaned out the carbs and replaced the water pump. The trailer is in decent shape but could probably use some new tires soon. The interior could use some tlc. The transome and floor are solid. The only major problem is the hull. I belive the previouse owner hit somthing and covered the bottom of the boat with bondo. I think this traped water and caused corrosion issues. There are 8-9 small holes in the bottom of the boat between 1/8 to a quater inch in diamater. There are also some pin holes aswell. There are some small areas of pitting around the bottom of the hull. One or two areas where it is through the hull. My plan was to remove all of the paint, grind out all the corrosion and fill all of the holes with marinetex epoxy. I was then going to do an epoxy barrier coat over the hull to seal everything in. I got most of the paint off the bottom and transome and threw in the towel. This boat was suposed to be turn key and I was trying to salvage it. I would love to see someone restore it rather than it go to the scrap yard. I have paint stripper to strip the rest of the hull if someones interested in restoring it rather than just parting it out and scrapping the hull. Im located in north new jersey and asking 1500 or best offer. I have all the paperwork for the boat and trailer.20240906_152108.jpg20240906_152116.jpg20240906_152035.jpg20231231_114304.jpg