• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Part For Sale trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asparacio

Reaction score
i have a tracker boat 165 . i wanna purchase a low hour trolling motor that i want to buy . it is a minnkota 54inch shaft. 80 lbs thrust. is this appropriate for the boat i described?

I am getting to know site somewhat well; I think you maybe in wrong area for asking this question since it's for selling and trading & buying parts. You may want to post in "NEW POST" you just may get a better response to your question.

i have a tracker boat 165 . i wanna purchase a low hour trolling motor that i want to buy . it is a minnkota 54inch shaft. 80 lbs thrust. is this appropriate for the boat i described?
I am getting to know site somewhat well; I think you maybe in wrong area for asking this question since it's for selling and trading & buying parts. You may want to post in "NEW POST" you just may get a better response to your question.

You don't need an 80#, as a 55# works well with that hull, but more power doesn't hurt, if the price is good enough.

My 55 lb, offbrand pushes the 14' Mirro along pretty well and will go a mile without slowing down. Of course it takes a good 15 mins or more to travel that mile. I have an older, but BIG 12V battery, a 27 series if that makes a difference.

You should get more than 1 MPH with a 55#. More like 3 MPH or maybe more.

I think your old battery is what is slowing you down. Check the voltage an hour after charging. If less than 12.7, it's on it's way out, but that being said, sometimes they chug away for a long time at lower voltage.

I run a 55# on my boat, and I just upgraded to the TimeUSB 100AH Lithium, which rests at 13.5V, and she flies. Not sure how fast, as I didn't pay attention, but I end up only running her on speed 3 or 4 out of 10 most of the time.