Used Minnkota Power Drive V2 mounting problems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased the above motor secondhand. I can't figure out how to attach it to the mounting plate. The silver base plate has holes that match up with the mounting plate but the base plate holes are not threaded. There is no way to get a nut on the other side. What am I missing? Thanks DJ

I have a Powerdrive I bought new in 2022. It didn't have a separate base plate from the mounting plate.

Can you show a pic of the mounting system you're dealing with?

Here's a screen shot of the Powerdrive V2 (Pre-2016) manual. It shows the mounting base as one assembly. Here's the link to the manual, in case you don't have one: Minn Kota Trolling Motor Manuals online

Screen Shot 2024-08-16 at 10.54.38 AM.png

I had to do some finagling to mount the Powerdrive on my 14' tinnie, so if you can share a picture, we might be able to help you figure this out.

My power drive 2 has anither mounting plate from what you show...those flanges on each side slide into the mounting plate ( not shown) on mine. Mine is a 2013 model.

My PowerDrive (2018) doesnt' have a separate mounting plate either. Are we talking about a quick release base accessory? I don't use the quick release base so am not that familiar with them. Could it be half of the quick release plate is missing?

Last edited:
My PowerDrive (2018) doesnt' have a separate mounting plate either. Are we talking about a quick release base accessory? I don't use the quick release base so am not that familiar with them. Could it be half of the quick release plate is missing?
Could very well be a quick release mount, have only owned two bow mounts and both had a similar mounting plate....remove one screw and the entire trolling motor slides back and out of the mount screwed to the deck.

You might consider getting the quick attach mounting plate, easier to install and when finnished, remove one thumb screw and the entire trolling motor slides out for safe or seasonal keeping.