What BBQ Sauce

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
So, I do lots of ribs, chicken, chops, etc., on the grill. I don't have a smoker, so it's all grilled stuff.

That being said, I buy store bought sauce and try different kinds when it is on sale. I used to only go with Kraft Thick & Spicy, honey/hickory smoked flavor. Then, everyone said Sweet Baby Ray's was the best. Then I tried Jack Daniels, even made some TGIFridays Jack Daniels from an on-line recipe....

Never tried Open Pit, KC Masterpiece, Bone Sucking, Bull's Eye, and several other store named brands.

So... not talking about homemade sauce, nor the local specialty from your home town ----- just wondering what grocery store brand you buy for the weekend cookout?????

What do you like????

didn't vote as wife prefers Sweet Baby Rays, and I prefer Kraft Thick & Spicy, or their "hot" version of the regular. I like the Rays stuff, it's my 2nd choice.

1, KC Masterpiece
2, Sweet Baby rays

For the KC Masterpiece I read 3 parts KC and one part honey if you want a honey bbq sauce. I tried it and it was good.

i put some crushed red chilis in sweet baby rays, gives it a lil kick, but the ol lady dont like it that way :D

From that list I would pick the Jack Daniels. however, there are a ton of good locally made sauces around here that I would buy first. I've also experimented a lot with my own home-made sauces. You can find lots of BBQ sauce recipes on the internet and then just go from there...

i've been using Ott's Silver Dollar City Hickory bbq sauce. Its a change up but im liking it.

Sweet Baby Ray's 85 % of the time... speciality items the balance of the time.. On my grilled meat I add a little tabasco with the Sweet Baby Rays... Like I said, only on my portion of the grilled meat.

Sauce is for folks who don't like BBQ !!!! I like all my 'Q dry, no sauce at all.

I do use Bullseye for my guests, but have made many converts over the years with my "bacon on a bone" ribs. No blood preasure cuffs allowed at my gatherings. :LOL2:

We love the Sweet baby Rays in Califorinia as well the only BbQ sause I will use
Interesting to see how widley liked Baby Rays sause is 8)

John H