What's my penny worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
Six or seven years ago I got an 1881 Indian head penny in change at Menards.
Next week a local jewelry store is having an appraisal fair and will be buying gold, silver, gemstones, watches and coins.
My Penny is 143 years old and is in good condition. I know without seeing it it's hard to guess but what is your guess as to its value?

Since it was in circulation, I'll take a guess at $5.00, probably you'll get an offer of maybe $2.00-2.50 so they can make a profit.
Not everything old is worth a lot of money, don't forget on coins there is also a numismatic value also, you could probably go online and get a ballpark estimate of what it's worth.

Since it was in circulation, I'll take a guess at $5.00, probably you'll get an offer of maybe $2.00-2.50 so they can make a profit.
Not everything old is worth a lot of money, don't forget on coins there is also a numismatic value also, you could probably go online and get a ballpark estimate of what it's worth.
I don't plan on selling just something to do before the GF and I get dinner at a restaurant we like across the street.

I'd be happy if it's worth $5.00.

Oh well, at least you have a neat souvenir of a time gone by!
When I was a kid I would get Indian head pennies in change here and there, about the same as wheat pennies today.
Look at it this way, if you sold it for 25C it would be a 2,400% profit!

When I was a kid I would get Indian head pennies in change here and there, about the same as wheat pennies today.
The way I see it in a hundred more years you won't be able to tell it had been cleaned.

Just to keep up with inflation since 1881, it would need to be worth at least 30 cents!