• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTS: Grumman Super Pro Fisherman Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty503

Reaction score
I am about to deploy to Afghanistan again and I must sell this or put it in storage. The wife does not want it in the yard while I am gone.

Up for grabs is a 1988 Grumman Super Pro boat. This boat measures 14'9" long and 60" wide at the top of the transom.
Included is a very good to good condition galvanized EzLoad trailer and a 1985 Johnson 25HP outboard Model J25TECOS(Tiller and electric start).

I have done quite a bit of work on the boat and trailer.

Starting with the trailer, I have replaced all rollers and bunk boards. I have also replaced all wiring, trailer lights, safety chains, winch and coupler. The tires are in pretty good condition and the spare is practically new never on the road. As much as possible I have replaced all nuts and bolts with stainless steel stuff.

With the boat. I have replaced the transom wood, flooring, new carpet, wiring and painted the inside. I have also replaced the bilge pump and aerator with associated hoses. The boat does have a livewell. I added additional flotation foam and verified the existing foam was in very good condition. I used expanding closed cell foam. All hardware is stainless steel. All this may not sound like much but it was alot of work.

The boat will include new seats but no pedestals. This is where you the buyer can customize where YOU want to put the pedestals as well as the type you want. In addition, I painted the outside of the transom but the remaining paint has not been touched. I intended to replace the side graphics but no time left to do it. Again, it is at the point where you can paint it how YOU want it painted being color or type of paint. You can also replace the graphics with a copy of the OEM stuff or anything else you want. I left the original graphics on there so that they can be copied by any graphics shop.

I bought this boat about 2 years ago intending to fix it up and fish with it. Well, I have been deployed and on business(TDYs if you know what that is) trips so much that I wasn't able to really do anything until a few months ago. As luck would have it, I have to deploy again very shortly.

As such, I have not been able to do anything with the outboard. When I bought it, the previous owner did run it for me and it ran pretty good. That was two years ago and has not been run since. As a minimum I would suggest replacing the impeller for the water pump and maybe rebuild the carb. I do have brand new kits for both. I have just run out of time to do it all.

The outboard graphics are faded. Replace them or remove them altogether if you want. This does have a stainless steel prop in pretty good condition.

This package includes the boat, trailer(with spare tire) and outboard, 2 brand new seats purchased from Bass Pro Shops, a full boat cover, two gas tanks, one 3 gallon with hoses and the other 6 gallon no hoses, Owner's manual for the outboard(when is the last time you saw one of those), service manual as well as the parts manual. Nothing else is included.

Selling for $1750 and will only be on the market for one week. If I don't sell it by then, it goes into storage. I do have clear titles for both the boat and trailer.

Send me a PM and I will send you my number if you want to discuss this further. This package is located in the Fort Bragg, NC area.

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,090
Is there anybody on this forum that could possibly store this
boat for this Soldier?
It would be a shame for Him to have sell His boat to serve Our Country!

Rusty503, May God bless You and Keep You safe.
Thank You for serving Our country! =D>

Steve A W

See I was not asking for that. I have a place at a local storage lot for it. No big deal. Already paid for the spot. I will sell this now or when I get back. Either way I will sell it.
Steve I hate to bust your bubble but I am not a soldier. I am retired US Air Force now working for the US Army as a DOD employee. Civil Service if you will. I am not a contractor. My paycheck comes directly from the army. I am part of what I call the hidden army. You never hear about us but let me tell you, it is not much different from being in the army. We are subject to the same rules and regs that a soldier is. When I am deployed I too have to wear the same uniforms, follow the same restrictions, eat the same food and live in the same conditions. I am also under the same military justice system. There little difference between a soldier and myself. I was never trying to deceive anyone. I never said I was IN the army but I am WITH the army. I humbly apologize if this creates any bad will or thoughts towards me .
I have faithfully served my country for many years and will continue to do so for more.
I'll tell you this too. A contractor always goes for the money. I don't. I go to support my unit. I deploy with these soldiers and I will do ANYTHING I can to make sure they stay safe. See, eating, living and working with these guys, I have bonded with them as only the military does. I go over to the big sandbox with them and I want to make **** sure that everyone of them come back home live and well.

Thanks for your service, good luck selling it, thanks for clearing it all up. I also assumed you were active military from the "deployed to afghanistan" statement. Quicker the better when clearing stuff up.
tim

Latest posts