Your Biggest Bass?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
I know I made this topic a while back, but a lot of people have joined since that thread died off, and a lot of the pictures didn't show up anymore. What is your biggest bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, whatever)? Post pictures if you got 'em.

My biggest largemouth weighed 7lbs 12oz and was caught on a Mann's Super Frog at night. It had a huge head and a skinny body.
7lbs12oz.jpg

My biggest smallmouth was around a pound caught in a North Carolina creek. No picture.

Biggest LM Bass I've got is 10lbs even. Picture sucks because all I had was a camera phone. I caught it in a watershed in South Carolina in October of '06. 42 degrees and raining.... No one else was on the water to take my picture with it and I didn't want to keep it out too long, so it went back in to get bigger. The string is on there because I wanted to keep it.. but decided against it after about 3 min of putting it on.

10lbbass.jpg

The biggest officially weighed was 6 pounds 15 ounces. I had one even bigger no scale, no camera, but 2 witnesses. I think it would of hovered just over 8 pounds. This bass was old and beat up you could tell she was around a long long time.

An official 10 pounder is on my bucket list.

Here is my biggest so far. I didnt have a scale, but i think it may be 4 1/2 maybe 5. What do you guys think?

I think i was getting ready to blink in the second pic, thats why i look so goofy.

Attachments

• big bass 1 resize.jpg
    big bass 1 resize.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 256
  • big bass 2 resize.jpg
    big bass 2 resize.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 250
Really hard to tell how big a fish in in a photo. All you need to know is that you caught a really nice fat LM Bass.

Nice job :)

Mine was 8lbs. 8 oz. For New Jersey thats big but anywhere down south its a cookie cutter. :lol: Caught in March a couple years ago. Proud to say I let her go to be caught another day. =D>

Attachments

• Bells1[2].jpg
    Bells1[2].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Bells2[1].jpg
    Bells2[1].jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 252
I've only been bass fishing for 5 years, but my best so far is a 5.5 lb on a spinnerbait.

Us Northern Boys gotta work twice as hard for half the weight of a southern fish :(

BLK fisher said:
Mine was 8lbs. 8 oz. For New Jersey thats big but anywhere down south its a cookie cutter. :lol: Caught in March a couple years ago. Proud to say I let her go to be caught another day. =D>

Thats a nice Hawg my friend, (I know where you caught it). I applaud you for letting her go =D>

ilinimud said:
Nice one! An 8 pounder here in IL would be going on my wall, you just dont get those here....

You rarely get them here in NJ, thats why its important to put them back. =D>

Nice fish everyone. I don't actually have a weight on a PB bass, but I have caught a bunch of LM in the 4-5lb range, with a few pushing 6. As for smallies my largest were over 20" but I got no weight on them. I plan on getting a good lip grip digital scale to get a more acurate weight of the bass I catch this coming year.

This is a bad pic, but this fish had to be pushing 6lbs, it was 23" and super thick
91608lmgal2af.jpg

This one was atleast 5lbs, very long fish
towhee_King_Bass_002.jpg

I'll post a smallie pic later, it is on another computer