16' Monark Mod V Jon - The end of the Road - FOR SALE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can get some decals like the ones pictured?

I would like it to be all white and solid, even the three fish. I wouldn't want the Monticello part - but I'd like to have the 3 fish under the "Ark" part, not the "Mon" part. Might be too old to get some? Or maybe someone has an idea where I can pick some up, it would be greatly appreciated.

I cant just do something and stop where I want. I am always adding. I decided to make a side storage compartment on the starboard side immediately behind the bow deck. Almost done, just need to box it in when I have a chance. Might not even do that, really depends on whether I want to try again, considering I freaking cut the carpet and glued the wrong side of the wood, rendering useless over an hour of work #-o It happens, just frustrating!

Pic from phone isn't working, frustrating.

ober51 said:

I would like it to be all white and solid, even the three fish. I wouldn't want the Monticello part - but I'd like to have the 3 fish under the "Ark" part, not the "Mon" part. Might be too old to get some? Or maybe someone has an idea where I can pick some up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Checkout the cool stuff at Iguanagrafix, which is one of the site sponsors, and I'm pretty sure he can make what you need: https://www.iguanagrafix.com/ . 8)

Waterwings said:
ober51 said:

Checkout the cool stuff at Iguanagrafix, which is one of the site sponsors, and I'm pretty sure he can make what you need: https://www.iguanagrafix.com/ . 8)

Sweet, I will give him a shout.

I just bought a 40lb thrust Minn Kota foot controlled bow mount motor. https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0047758013620a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=2070201&cm_ite=0047758013620a

I saw it on Craigslist - it was brand new in the box, and $150. Great deal, but it was 2 hours from me. I wound up only driving 45 minutes to get it, convinced the guy to meet me half way 8) Need to create a platform to put this guy on. That's my next project.

Anyone have an experience with these motors? I have a Minn Kota 40lb TM, is it similar?

Waterwings said:
I run a 40# thrust MK Endura on the stern and it's a decent tm, just wish I would have bought one with more thrust.

That's what I have right now. I don't mind the trhust at all, just cant stand not being able to utilize the bow deck I just made, lol.

Finally resolved the bluetooth issue btwn my phone and computer. Here is a pic of the progress, I will get a few more of the framing when the weather clears.

Attachments

• almost complete1.jpg
    almost complete1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 829
I forgot I did take a shot of the framing, I can take more if people need it.

Attachments

• sideframe.jpg
    sideframe.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 828
I wound up doing a bit of work today, I boxed in that storage area and made the seat supports. Need to get another sheet of ply and some 2x2s tomorrow or Monday. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 0801091859.jpg
    0801091859.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 810
  • 0801091858a.jpg
    0801091858a.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 810
Henry Hefner said:
As Chico used to say... Looooking good!

Thanks, Hef. Taking a lot of time to do but it should be worth it when the rig is much more comfortable to fish out of.

Got some work done today (I worked all day, though you wouldnt know it!).

I was able to fab a bracket for the bow motor. Took me forever, trips to West Marine for hardware, etc. Also cut out the hole for the seat, installed the base and such. Honestly don't know if I feel like wiring ANYTHING this summer, I really want to fish. Plus, my brother said he wants to go out, and we havent had much time to hang out lately, so I will do that this week rather than any more work. Going to pick up the 25 HP Tohatsu tomorrow, stick steering is on the way as its being shipped tomorrow. Starting to come around, pics to follow. Gotta get ready for class.

A few pics of the progress.

Attachments

• 0803091538c.jpg
    0803091538c.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 874
  • front complete1.jpg
    front complete1.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 874
  • front deck complete.jpg
    front deck complete.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 874
  • bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 874
I took the boat out today with my brother and his friend. The fishing stunk, skunked with only a bite or two in 3 hours, but the boat handles 3 adults well. Snug, but not bad at all. Two of the adults are big guys, so with only 2 people it would be perfect, but easily supports 3 no problem. The 9.9 doesnt get us on a plane (I dont think) but moves us around well). There is a huge performance difference with all that weight today (Obviously). Going out tomorrow again even though my piano hinges came in from Aircraft Spruce (great deals if you want to get something there).

Couple thoughts. Bow/foot controlled trolling motor works great - what an improvement from the transom mount TM! The 40lb thrust is enough to keep my 16' boat where ever I want it to be/go. The onboard charger I installed is awesome, too. Come home, pull out the extension cord and plug in, much easier than lugging that heavy battery from under my storage compartment.

The small $30 cranking battery was more than enough power to start my motor, so that's a plus. Waiting on the stick steering to come in the mail, should be here early next week max. I will then decided whether i want to install now or next season.

Ober, will you pose up some pics of your front storage when you get a chance? Did are they hinged or just sitting in there? did you just leave a lip around the inside edges with the framing to support it?

dyeguy1212 said:
Ober, will you pose up some pics of your front storage when you get a chance? Did are they hinged or just sitting in there? did you just leave a lip around the inside edges with the framing to support it?

I will post pics later (everything is tarped and waiting for tomorrow morning to head out; plus the front storage is screwed in with the base) in a bit but to answer your questions:

1. They are not hinged, but very snug. I am going to hinge them soon, I just received my piano hinges today from Aircraft spruce (6' of aluminum hinges for $11 before shipping, I think 15 to my door in NJ from Ga).

2. When I constructed the framing and the deck I wound up not leaving enough show (the part that you are referring to). I had to add another 2x2 or so to make sure there was enough support for when I walked on the hatches. It cut down on the size of the hatches, but I have more than enough storage and the openings are more than adequate. I can fit my battery, 3 life jackets, tackle box, more tackle, my seat and post, and small starting battery in there. I have even more room. I was worried when I added that piece but my worry was unfounded it turns out. The whole thing is extremely stable. I can jump up and down on it. I love just sitting up there and pitching into the shallows with the foot controlled motor, makes fishing MUCH more enjoyable. Hope this helps. I will show pics later when I have everything out tomorrow.

Does anyone know if this circuit breaker will work for my trolling motor?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300329622470&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is this ok - I want to save some money, the costs are adding up!

Also, I know a lot of you know how to wire things already, but I have no clue. I want to add the nav lights, a bilge and maybe some leds (later on, not right now) to a switch panel, 6 gang. It has fuses already in the panel. Attached is the picture of the panel I have.

Is this correct:

Run a positive wire to the switch panel from the battery.
Run a negative wire to the switch panel from the battery.
Run a positive wire from each item I am wiring to the switch panel's positive terminal.
Run a a negative wire from each item I am wiring to the negative terminal battery, this acts as a ground.

Here is my terrible sketch of what I think to do, lol, if this helps anyone understand what I am doing. I really need some help, I would rather not burn my boat down.

I also realized that I will have to be able to put the nav lights on together as well as put the stern light on alone if I am anchored and the law/conditions call for it. So how do I go about doing that? That seems like it may be out of my realm, lol.

Do I need additional protection other than the fuses that are in the panel?

Thanks a lot guys, hoping you can help!

Please, if you could, be very basic in your answers, I honestly don't know ANYTHING.

Attachments

• switch panel.jpg
    switch panel.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 821
  • CCE00000 (Custom).jpg
    CCE00000 (Custom).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 821

Latest posts