Best Prop?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread all. I run the same boat as you, LaqueRatt, but with a 20 HP 1994 Merc 2 stroke. Stock prop size is 10-3/8 x 13. Interesting that it uses a bigger prop than your larger ‘rude. All I know is I can keep up with my buddy in a 16ft with a 30HP Johnson.

My motor came with a beat up prop and I managed to find an OEM original on eBay for a stellar price. I don’t have a tach but y’all convinced me I need to add that to my arsenal.

Two strokes are fun. That’s why California is outlawing them. Unfortunately, many states follow Cali’s misguided footsteps.

Finally found time to get out and try the new prop today. Ended up buying a Michigan Wheel 012013 9 1/4" x11" prop from The Prop Shop in Mukilteo, WA. Great prices and customer service. Same specs as OEM, but the profile was slightly different. Fits a little snugger on the shaft than the original, but it seems to work just fine.

Got it out on the lake and boy my Mirro hauls a$$ now. My seat of the pants speedo say 35 mph. 30 at least. Man the shoreline was flying by. Gotta love a 200 lb boat!

I have one issue though with the 77 Evinrude 25. When I start it in neutral and try to give it some gas, it only picks up a few RPMs. Doesn't seem right. Is there an adjustment that will let me rev to 1,000 or so in neutral? Was idling so low that when I tried to knock down the choke a notch it died on me and was hard to start. Other than that it starts on one pull. Cold or warm.