Custom built aluminums ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Chris

Reaction score
Not that I could afford one, but I often dream about having a tin boat built just for me. Now don't get me wrong; My 14 ft G3 really is my "dream boat" for a lot of the freshwater fishing I do, and honestly, even if I hit the lottery, it would remain so.

However, I'd love to have a big aluminum, with a good sized cabin, bedroom, bathroom, small kitchen, etc. built. Out here in Cali, we have a company called Design Concepts that builds some really nice ones for guides, the F&G, people with money, etc.
I saw one yesterday that was about 26ft, with twin 225 outboards.... not bad.... But if I'm going to dream, how about 30 feet, with twin Yamaha 350's :) Now that would be my Bay boat :)

Nothing against fiberglass, but even with bigger boats, I just have a thing for the "tin" ones......

Your thoughts ?

Peace,
Fish

I always wanted a custom built Jet boat. Nothing fancy, But something that would allow me to get to those areas where you cant go on a regular boat. A buddy has an old one and we have cruised areas of rivers that no regular boat has ever been.

Are there any companies out there that make custom aluminum boats to your specifics?

I love custom building my own aluminum boats. Owning a custom one is nice, but a custom one that I designed, and I built, is much better. We have the bass boat, because we got a good deal on a restoration project, rather than a good deal on a bass boat.

Hey Jim, yes, as a matter of fact, the company I mentioned, Design Concepts, builds some outrageous cool Jet boats too !
I remember seeing one at a show that was like the heaviest aluminum anybody had ever used in an aluminum boat ! (built to bash boulders and keep on going) It was so heavy, it was measured in inches (like plate aluminum) instead of gauge. So, you might be thinking, how the heck are you going to power something that is so heavy ?
No problem..... it had some crazy 800 hp (maybe more... just going by memory from 3 years ago), super-charged big block :)
Very cool paint too... like candy blue, over polished aluminum.

So I think they could build an aluminum jet boat for "normal guys" too :)

I know they have a website, but not sure which of their most far out creations are pictured there....

Hey Bassboy, I agree. Of course I'm, not an engineer, but I'd be pleased enough to sit down with one and tell him, lets build a boat that can handle stupidly rough water (just in case) has a HUGE live well, can go X miles an hour, has a transome to hold two big four stroke outboards, etc :)
.....and if they told me, "Oh, we've built a boat like that before"..... I'd say, "Wait .....we have to change it then" :)

Peace,
Fish

Here is a boat that a guy at my marina runs:

tin_boat.JPG

It is a Pacific V23HT and rides really nice. You cannot miss this giant tin can among all the glass boats!

Latest posts