Livewell questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murtsub9

Reaction score
I have a monarch 1448 that I am modding to a bass boat. I started it last spring and am finishing it this year. I hope to be able to use it soon. The boat has a live well in the middle bench. It has a hole in the bottom that allows the water to come in and drain out. I would like to install an pump/aireator. For some reason my brain cannot get itself to figure it out. How do you install the plumbing for this? I have attached a photo of the boat with the livewell.

livewell.JPG

Welcome aboard - can you post s few pics of the current livewell setup. You have a hole in the bilge area? That just does not sound right, the intake and outtake hoses should be above and below the water line, respectively. If you plan on keeping the livewell in the center area, (amidships), you would want to run those lines out the side, if not the stern is the right spot.

Thanks for posting

Is the current livewell a gravity fed livewell? If so, you can just put one of these in it (see link below). I removed the suction cups and rigged up some lock nuts and washers with some jb weld and then jb welded them to the bottom of my livewell. If it ever goes bad the old one twists right out and you reconnect to the new one. If it is not a gravity fed then you will have to plum it up.

https://www.landbigfish.com/tacklestore/showcase.cfm?PID=2381

Here is a blurry pic of a birdseye view of the livewell. I guess you would call it a gravity fed well. I don't mind modding it, I just cant figure out how to run the plumbing.
livewellpic.jpg

Yes, that is a gravity fed livewell. You don't need to run plumbing to it. You simply pull the plug and the livewell will fill up just about 1/2 way. Once it is full you can leave the plug out and it will constantly pull in and push out new fresh water. If you put the aerator in it that I showed you, you won't need plumbing. It actually works better than a regular livewell IMO, because you will get fresh water all the time and your aerator will oxigenate it too. Just make sure when you take off with your big motor you put your plug back in otherwise your water is sucked out. If you get a fish that is stressing, put your plug back in once it's full, use your aerator and some rejuvinaid or whater you like best. Maybe a little ice too.

Murtsub9, I have pictures of a livewell I did on my Jon under boat mods also. It was a 14' Lowe. Check them out. All you need is a pump mounted through the boat under water level, a hose from the pump to the well and another pump in the livewell with a hose from that pump to the top sprayer to use as a recirculator. If it sounds confusing let me know and I will try to explain it a little better.

BLK fisher said:
Murtsub9, I have pictures of a livewell I did on my Jon under boat mods also. It was a 14' Lowe. Check them out. All you need is a pump mounted through the boat under water level, a hose from the pump to the well and another pump in the livewell with a hose from that pump to the top sprayer to use as a recirculator. If it sounds confusing let me know and I will try to explain it a little better.

hmm.. do you mind explaining that actually? i have a lowe 1448 now and am trying to figure out what I will do if the added weight makes leaving the plug out not an option

Russo, I am not sure what plug you are talking about.If you are talking about. If your talking about the drain plug I notched out the battery box so I can push it in or pull it out. As for the livewell plug I just plug it during the tournament and at the end of the day I unplugg it for the ride home and all the water drains out.

yeah i was referring to the livewell plug, thanks. i like what you did with the recirculating action

Latest posts