Minnkota Edge hole pattern?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoneDigger

Reaction score
A couple of questions...

I have a boat that the previous owner installed a mounting plate for an old (80s or 90s?) Motor Guide foot control motor. Id like to replace it with a MinnKota Edge foot control. Does anyone here know how wide the mounting holes are on an Edge? I'm hoping I can get it on this mounting spot.

Secondly, will the location of the mount on the corner be an issue? I've always mounted towards the center of the boat.

Attachments

• 20240504_190213.jpg
    20240504_190213.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 0
That is an excellent question and I'm surprised MK doesn't give the mounting dimensions in the owner's manual. I looked at a MK quick release mount. For that, the mounting bolt holes are 5.25" on center from side to side. But please verify. If it is too narrow, you could always put a correct sized plate on top of the existing one.

Mounting towards the center has got to be a best practice. I don't know how much of an issue it might be, but think I would give it a try in the current position. If it works, life is good. If not, you really haven't lost anything but some time. If you do make a new mounting plate at an angle to reposition the motor, keep the control head inside the gunnels when stowed. Reason being to avoid damage while pulling up to a dock or something.

That is an excellent question and I'm surprised MK doesn't give the mounting dimensions in the owner's manual. I looked at a MK quick release mount. For that, the mounting bolt holes are 5.25" on center from side to side. But please verify. If it is too narrow, you could always put a correct sized plate on top of the existing one.

Mounting towards the center has got to be a best practice. I don't know how much of an issue it might be, but think I would give it a try in the current position. If it works, life is good. If not, you really haven't lost anything but some time. If you do make a new mounting plate at an angle to reposition the motor, keep the control head inside the gunnels when stowed. Reason being to avoid damage while pulling up to a dock or something.
Thanks for the response! I decided to go ahead and order a new mounting bracket from TBN to put the motor closer to center. It's $100 but will be worth it to have the motor mounted as it should be instead of off to the side like that.

Thanks for the response! I decided to go ahead and order a new mounting bracket from TBN to put the motor closer to center. It's $100 but will be worth it to have the motor mounted as it should be instead of off to the side like that.
Always better to do it right the first time !!