Newb has almost completed his Richline Updated 4-19!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwdrummer01

Reaction score
Well this is where I am at so far. Any thoughts suggestions, constructive critisizm? Took some time to figure out how I wanted to start this morning, but everything started falling in place.

Attachments

• boat5.jpg
    boat5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,453
  • boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,450
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,450
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,447
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,458
Nice job :) Good images of the front framing. Did you screw the center down to the ribs? Just wondering because I am going to be framing next week (hopefully).

Stryker777 said:
Nice job :) Good images of the front framing. Did you screw the center down to the ribs? Just wondering because I am going to be framing next week (hopefully).

I didnt screw to the ribs on the bottom. Basically I just have it there for support. I centered it in the bottom of the v and it sits on each side of the v. Pretty solid and really cant move because of the shape of the bottom. I hope you understand what Im trying to explain :) .

Thats the same way i did mine. I have pics will post later. but the reason i wanted it the way i did it was so it could be removed if i ever wanted it for cruising instead of fishing. And if i want to take more people out i can reduce the weight. It just sits on the bottom of the boat and just like yours mine is solid as well!

I would turn that center 2x4 vertical like the rest of them. If you need the wideth, nail two 2x4 side by side. With the board the way you have it it will sag, if your boat gets water in it the supports may rot out. If the board is vertical it will be stronger especially if you nail two together. Then you can get rid of those supports and open the space up for storage.

Otherwise its looking great, nice job so far.

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
Got a richline myself.
Stew I need to look yours up and see how it turned out.

switchback said:
Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
Got a richline myself.
Stew I need to look yours up and see how it turned out.

not done yet. since i last posted pics, i have the carpet done. i will get pics updated. i just got a new pc today after my hard drive crashed on my laptop a couple weeks ago.

I hope to finish up this week. The lumber yards all closed at noon on saturday, so I was stuck in the mud with a lot of daylight left. I worked on the trailer the rest of the day. I have a question though. What sized plywood should I use for the decking. I figured on 5/8 or 3/4, but started wondering about weight. Most of the time I will be by myself on the front. I wanted to put the battery up front, but wondered if it would be better to place in the back.

Well I'm a noob too, but I used 5/8 on mine. Don't know if I saved any weight because I put my framing fairly close for support, but I can't imagine it not being heavy enough. Feels like plenty when I walk on it in the shop, but I haven't had her out of the shed yet. Alone on a lake will really tell the tale of what I've done wrong.

I'll try to get pics of mine tomorrow to put on here. I put a 50 lb thrust minnkota foot control TM on mine. Works great.

I will tell you this about the foot control... if you plan on standing for long periods of time fishing, I would suggest you build a recessed box to put it in.. .basically build it into your floor.

My back kills me after a day of fishing from standing - especially if it's windy because I have to put all of my weight on the other leg while controlling

Well this is what I have so far. The front wasnt the funnest, but it didnt turn out too bad. I should have cut the storage areas to match the framing, but Im a noob.

Attachments

• boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 164
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 161
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 159
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 161
looks really good. here is a link on my boat, on the second page you can see the mini transom i made for my trolling motor on the bow. angled the wood and also the clamp holes to bring the motor as close to vertical as possible. works great.
oops, you said foot controlled, well maybe this will help someone

Well more progess made on the Richline. Now I just need to figure out how to mount the TM on the bow. Im going to have to raise the back end up of the plywood to make it level with the bow of the boat.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 160
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts