Starting a new upgrade project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
I just purchased a Duracraft boat. Its 14' long and 48" wide. The sides are 19 1/2". I want to take my son (he is 2 now) in this boat often and my wife. My old project, I did a front raised deck, but that limits seating. I would like to just do carpeted flat floors and carpeted bench seats.

I was wondering on some ideas on the front half of the boat concerning the floor. From the middle seat to about 3/4 of the way toward the bow of the boat its flat, but then it starts to slant up. What can I do with this slant as far as a floor. I want the middle bench seat to be available for a seat, in which their legs can rest to the bottom of the boat.

Any ideas...I thought about keeping the floor, but just from where the floor starts to slant, deck that little bit in the front?

I guess fo make the whole front a flat floor, it would have to be raised to compensate for the slant? Then I would loose the high sides of the boat.

please send ideas my way.

thanks

Matt

I bet you can just stop your floor just at the point of it bending, then do it two ways.

One; cover intire section with carpet, pro would be no seem and look slick, con would be you couldn't pull up the floor when needed for a clean out or find the baits that found thier way there :lol:

Two; cover the floor board up with carpet, and carpet the bend up to the bow section, pro you could clean out the floor when needed, con you'll have a seem to deal with which may not be very noticable.

I have a 1236, and I decked my front by starting at the bottom of the front bench (including the bend of the bottom of the boat) and finding the level spot back to the middle bench which was a few inches below the top of the middle bench. You could come off the front bench, and stop it just shy of the middle bench by about 18", keeping it level to where you want to stop. You could still store stuff in there like gear bags, and have ample room for foot movement. That space could also be used as a place for any switches (lights, cig lighter, etc) that you might need to install. Then you could have storage underneath that decking for almost anything, as well as have a pedestal seat for you to fish and control a front trolling motor.

You could also do like you're mentioning and just run a floor from the start of the slant back to the middle bench, keeping it level - this will be below the top of that seat by several inches, and give you a little less foot room, but enough that you would still have probably a foot or more of the side walls.

If I am picturing right what you are describing ( a big IF :p) Waterwings carpeted his boat that had a preinstalled flat floor as well. Here is a link to the pics. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/thumbnails.php?album=113

I hope it helps. If you can post a pic or two it would help everyone get an idea exactly what you are talking about.