Weekend topper

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Sunday started out with waking up very late, and trying to figure out what to fish for. The wife was bugging to be shown a few areas where she could get in on the some lunker landing. By about 3 we were on our 3rd lake, with nothing to show then some dink largies. Before we called it, I figured it was worth while to hit a local pond that I knew had some bigger bass in it. Well after about the 6th missed fish, the wife threw in the towel. I, on the other hand was hitting fish, but nothing big. I cut my line, and tied on a 4/0 gammy hook texas rigged with a 4.25 wooly bug. If there was a big fish in there, I was going to catch it. I think about the 3rd cast I found the one. Two hard pulls of drag, and I was gripping lips of a 20" largemouth. Unfortunately that 4/0 hook I was using was buried down his gut. I tried to figure out how to remove it, but it was risky. The fish was not bleeding and I didn't want to worsen the problem. I cut the line down right to the eye of the hook, and removed the rest of the soft plastic for a smooth release. I'm just wondering what the chances are of that fish eating properly, and eventually dissolving that hook? Is anyone aware of how long until a hook with eventually dissovle. Anyway, that was it for me. One more lunker to top off a nice weekend.

Picture1358.jpg

Picture1360-1.jpg

nice football,I mean fish
I always wondered how long it might take to disolve a hook,I thought longer than 2-3 weeks.