What year?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a used 1436 alumacraft jon boat.the previous owner has electrical wires running exposed right down the middle of the boat and running right over the seats exposed as well. Wire connections are bare wire twisted together and black tape. Very Ratty! Anyway I have a question that I hope someone may know the answer. I am trying to find out the model year of the F6SMHA Yamaha outboard. I looked at the charts online that are supposed to decode the ID bracket and still not sure. I will attach image of ID tack in the hopes someone can tell me what model year. Thank you in advance for your valuable time.IMG_1049.JPGIMG_1049.JPG

The number at the top right is the Yamaha model number and year. The number denotes the outboard's HP, and the last letter denotes the outboard's year of manufacture. In the picture above, the F225TXRC outboard's 225 means it's 225HP and it was manufactured in 2004. So as a guess, yours is a 2002.

Thank you for your response. Just looking at that motor, it looks brand new, no scratch or marks on the cowling, under the cowling it looks like maybe 5 hrs on it ie brand new. is it possible that motor like over 20 years old?

Attachments

• IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1057.JPG
    IMG_1057.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for your response. Just looking at that motor, it looks brand new, no scratch or marks on the cowling, under the cowling it looks like maybe 5 hrs on it ie brand new. is it possible that motor like over 20 years old?
Just depends on how it was stored really. I have some ancient motors that from 10' away look newish.