Firefox

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not one for change for the sake of change but I installed Firefox and don't have a clue how to set it up so all my favorites are imported to it from IE7. Not only that, but I have very little patience for long complicated and convoluted processes and if this is gonna take more than a few clicks here and there, I'll dump Firefox and stay with IE7 and maybe upgrade to IE8. Can someone offer some advice please? (sure Dave, I'll even accept advice from you) Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Never mind... I read that all that stuff was supposed to automatically be transferred during the install but it didn't. So I went back and read some tips from the Firefox site and saw how to do it. It was pretty easy and straight forward. Now I just have to reorganize the favorites as they were imported alphabetically and not in the order I had them.

I just noticed that I am getting spelling assistance while I type... Is this from Firefox or did Tinboats have an upgrade?

Firefox is awesome! Hang in there and try to suffer through the growing pains. You'll be happy you did!

I'm still not sure what it's benefits will be for me as of yet. Guess I just got a wild hair and installed it. We'll see if I have issues. (with Firefox Dave, with Firefox :lol: )

Popeye said:
I'm still not sure what it's benefits will be for me as of yet. Guess I just got a wild hair and installed it. We'll see if I have issues. (with Firefox Dave, with Firefox :lol: )

Firefox is a Safer, Cleaner, Faster, Smoother browser. I think you will be pleased.

Firefox is a great browser and the customized extensions really put it over the top. Adblock Plus extension is a must install, it eliminates those pesky Ads on webpages. No-Script is another great extension that allows you to block Javascripts from each website, this one can be a little tricky because you have to manually "trust" each site or the webpages won't render correctly.

I do online surveys and found that one of them doesn't support any browsers other then IE5 or higher. Couldn't even begin to know what Javascript is or does.

So now I don't know what's going on with Firefox. It was working out fine for me and the next thing I know I can't right click on anything when logged into firefox. I log off and I can right click so I now it's not my trackball

This is a wonderful browser. I have been use this one around three years in my PC. Its having a very nice feature to compare with any other browser. I was just wondering first time i used ADD-ON feature in IT.