Ice Fishing Blues

Ice fishing discussions and reports go here.
HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

Saturday morning as the sun was riseing I looked out at my black truck and ........ the top was white, covered with frost. =D> I was going to go fishing tomorrow but there will be too much wind for my little 14 footer. Now if the lake was covered with ICE [-o< , the wind would not be a factor.
There are more fish taken out of a lake than ever were in it.

IDAHOAUGER

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by IDAHOAUGER »

Yep, it will not be long. Hard to imagine right now with highs in the upper 80s where I am at this week, but before long it will be October deer season and ice fishing in about December here in my part of Idaho. Always looking forward to this time of year!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Lowe L1436 Jon Boat Project
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=27828

Wallijig

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by Wallijig »

Was in lows 20's last night and to be in 20's -30's every evening next few nights. It will not be long. :D :D

Update:
was out in boat fishing last night water temps dropped about 15* here. It was in high 50's low 60's last weekend. now this weekend seeing 45* to 48* water temps. Air temp was 28* when I was on water and got down to 21* over night. It's not going long before we are on hard water here.
Lowrance Prostaff Team Member

HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

It's getting closer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

astrorails

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by astrorails »

I had a couple good inches of ice this morning! Although it was in the birdbath....

Soon though, soon!

Peter
'81 Lund Pike 16'
'94 Evinrude 25 Horse

5 Lakes fished in this boat, 9,995 left to go!

Wallijig

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by Wallijig »

We have local bait shop having a 2 day icefishing seminars by some of the best known names in ice fishing in 2 weeks. Great event and gets one anxious about getting on ice hearing these guys. Plus get free goodies from vendors. Meals are even included in ticket prices. :D

I would post video of the speakers talking about event, but bait shop is not advertiser on this site and do not think I should.

However here are some of the speakers I can look forward too:
Brian Brosdahl, Jason Mitchell, Tom Neustrom, Brad Hawthorne, Larry Smith, Ted Takasaki, Jason Durham, Dennis Kassube,Matt Johnson, and Teeg Stouffer.

Venders on-hand include Vexilar, Clam, Strikemaster, Marcum, Jiffy, Frabill and others!!

HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

Cruel and unusual punishment! Todays temps were in the 50s. It's November for crying out loud. I ... NEED ... ICE [-o<

astrorails

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by astrorails »

Agreed on the cruel and unusual, it was 65 in the twin cities yesterday, with thunderstorms last night. But this morning it is a balmy 30 with ice pellets. Wonder if we will have ice before the St Paul Ice show the last weekend of November.
'81 Lund Pike 16'
'94 Evinrude 25 Horse

5 Lakes fished in this boat, 9,995 left to go!

Wallijig

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by Wallijig »

Guys are starting to get on ice in northern SD. Here small sloughs are just froze over. lakes the main part is open but bays are froze up. will not be long. I plan on heading north for thanksgiving for some ice action. :D

Wallijig

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by Wallijig »

Buddy was out on slough this evening catching eyes threw ice. said they have 4"-5" of ice in northern SD.

HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

Wallijig wrote:Buddy was out on slough this evening catching eyes threw ice. said they have 4"-5" of ice in northern SD.
That's not fair. It is going to be in the upper 50s to low 60s tomorrow. :shock: Cmon Canada, we need your help.

Wallijig

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by Wallijig »

With the warm and windy weather things opened back up. However cold front come in and to stay below 30* with evening in single digit temp thru this week at least, so would not doubt on ice again mid to end of week.

HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

Here I go again. The bug is starting to chew pretty bad.

COME ON ICE. 8-[

HANGEYE

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by HANGEYE »

Soon, very soon.

fish devil

Ice Fishing Blues

Post by fish devil »

:twisted: Totally opposite here in South Jersey. We really hate ice. :lol: Last Winter was brutal. Way too much cold weather. [-o< Most areas were frozen up to four months, which is rare around here.
ImageImageImageImage