Possible Sponser e-mail look-a-like

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggoldy

Reaction score
Firefox just warned me of a possible e-mail scam. A re-directing link in an authentic looking wired2fish email. Never happened before with their emails. Anyone else notice this?

Linux, Ubuntu. Nothing additional. The subject was 'A Bit Of Buckeye'. Normally, there would be a post here, corresponding to their e-mail, but I didn't see that. I didn't open the link.

Guys, I opened that old email again, clinked on the suspected link and DID NOT get the warning this time. Now, going straight to the Wired2fish website, not through the email link, there IS a 'Bit of Buckeye' link which also DID NOT produce a warning. I think my problem had to be my machine. I hope I didn't irritate anyone at Wired2fish, and I appologize for my confusion.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337651#p337651 said:
ggoldy » 01 Jan 2014 08:37 pm[/url]"]Guys, I opened that old email again, clinked on the suspected link and DID NOT get the warning this time. Now, going straight to the Wired2fish website, not through the email link, there IS a 'Bit of Buckeye' link which also DID NOT produce a warning. I think my problem had to be my machine. I hope I didn't irritate anyone at Wired2fish, and I appologize for my confusion.

Not at all, I'm glad you figured it out….and you were only trying to help/warn us.