12 foot Jon Boat Project from start to finish "VIDEOS!"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixinthatup

Reaction score
Hi everyone! These are videos we took while fixin up a 12 foot Desoto Jon Boat.. Simple little things but it made it a really great comfortable fisher with some extra storage space and night lights for fishing those cats!

Ahh i found some dang near finished pictures but you really have to follow the video series from part 1 to see how it happened lol...

Attachments

• boat-1.jpg
    boat-1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,594
Heeeeyyyyyy I found a still pic of the front hatch also!

A great deal of trouble went into hiding the hinge under the carpet to make it invisible....

Attachments

• boat-4.jpg
    boat-4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,594
Probably a lot better way of doing that hinge in hind site "Like not hiding it" lol but if I did it again I would go about it a different way and well since I'm going to do it again very soon on a bigger project i will be doing it different lol...

This next time I'll be doing the same kinda nice hinges but placing them right on top, hey they look great even when showing lol.. You'll see in the video series that I went to aaaalllllll the trouble of making a hidden hatch in the front but i was so tired from a long day i actually put the carpet grain going the wrong way at first and had to completely re do everything LOL! I can only laugh now cause I cried enough then! LOL...

It's either in part 13, 14 or 15 lol... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx7D1UwGRidlld3yj7Qt5A10p5yeIk2Wy&feature=view_all

Hey thanks!! Instead of simply buying some stencils my cheap butt decided to just do the entire thing homemade LOL well that took longer than ever expected because winter time rolled around and the digital painting project was halted, Finally got back on it just a little while back and finished up with the painting and the video series I was doing on how to do a homemade digital camo paint job... I got that one available to see also if anyone wants to check it out.. Even though digi camo was the fad when I started the boat it's kinda starting to not be as popular anymore seems like but well to late now LOL...

That is a terrific set of videos on the build. Personally, I appreciated the few times you changed directions or redid some things and positioned them as lessons learned. Great stuff.
Ben

Thanks! Ya have to try an overlook my crazy humor but I did have a lot of fun working on it! Oh and it gave me some really great ideas for this newest project! Thanks again for watching!

Well this project is finished "Like working on and adding to a boat could ever be lol" It's time to start a new project now though and I already have the first initial part up! https://youtu.be/aJPFikiRxd0

I'll be posting the rest on here as i go along on a different thread for a 14 foot Jon Boat Project...

Latest posts