12' Thompson v haul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron86

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and looking for some advice on mods for my 12 footer I have already rebuked all leaking rivets the entire transom and keel new wood on transom 2 fold down padded seats on swivels starting a flat floor and rod holders for trolling what else could I or should I doImageUploadedByTapatalk1360174617.800946.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360174632.899289.jpg

Just look around this site, there are plenty of different potions for you. check out other mods, pick your favorite prices from each, and go.

also, I just joined and all but it's usually bad form to " bump" your post, especially only one day later.

you'll get a better response if you have an idea and ask for feedback rather than " hey guys, I'm new, design my boat" which is the vibe I got here.

please don't take this post the wrong way, I'm not trying to scold you or anything, Just trying to give some advice on getting responses and info on this very active forum site.

good luck on your boat.

Alright I'm having a problem getting the angles of the hull while framing the floor any suggestions

Sorry I should have worded that differently I meant cutting the angles finding them isn't an issue

Is it safe to cut out the center of the middle seat to make a storage compartment like I have seen in some of these threads if so is their any extra bracing I should add or is it fine

Welcome ! You'll find people have lots of opinions about the complete removal of seats, but if you are looking just to cut a hole to make storage/livewell etc, the I would suggest that the structural integrity wouldnt be comprimized that much. I would be more concerned about how much floatation foam has to be removed, if you have any to begin with!

Ya I just talking a hole for storage what purpose does the flotation foam serve does it just keep the boat afloat if it fills with water

Nice little boat, reminds me of my high school boat. A 12ft Sears Jon Boat.

aaron86 said:
Ya I just talking a hole for storage what purpose does the flotation foam serve does it just keep the boat afloat if it fills with water

Yes, and you can always supplement/replace it with more closed cell foam, BUT make sure the foam is secured or encased so that it doesnt just float away from your boat if you do ever get swamped!

If she goes down on the lake I fish I can walk back lol you can see bottom thru most of the lake at its deepest is 10 meters for the most part it's 6 ft or less

Latest posts