12ft MirroCraft to bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmFishing

Reaction score
This is my first project. I am taking a 12ft MirroCraft v bottom and converting it into my first little bass boat. This is the boat as I got it.
photo 1.JPG
I plan on removing the front bench, turning the front section into a casting deck with gas tank mounted underneath, and a hatch to remove. Also going to frame in the floor and carpet it to make it a flat surface. I took the 15hp johnson in and had it completely rebuilt, so this little 12 footer should scoot! I'll post updates as I go. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 816
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 816
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 816
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 816
Alright I got the front bench out, and sanded the interior. I just roughed it up with 80grit sand paper and will primer it before she oxidizes.
photo-1.jpg

Just taking a pressure washer to the boat made a giant difference, sanding it really made me see some potential.
photo-2.jpg
photo-3.jpg

Boat is primed, just doing the interior for now, and will sand/primer/paint the outside this winter I think, unless I have time this summer...
photo-1.jpg
photo-2.jpg
photo-3.jpg
photo-4.jpg
photo-5.jpg
photo-1.jpg
photo-2.jpg
photo-3.jpg
photo-4.jpg
photo-5.jpg

That looks like a fun project. Strong little motors, I have a 9.9 that has had some upgrades.

Latest posts