14' Alumacraft FD

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airdog_47

Reaction score
I picked up this boat last weekend. I am working on making this a nice little fishing boat for Colorado lakes. The goal is to be comfortable and do this project with the least amount of funds. We are working on purchasing a house right now so I am penny pinching this project. So, far it has been pretty do able.

The low down. I traded a 98 Arctic Cat snowmobile that I had purchased for $500 last October straight across for everything you see in the picture.
Here is what came with the boat.
The boat is 14' Alumacraft I believe it is the FD model (correct me if I'm wrong).
6 hp Evinrude motor with a 6 gallon gas tank.
A homemade tilt trailer. With a 1 7/8" ball. I brought a 2" so the guy gave me the 1 7/8".
A scotty rod holder.
Light front and a pole rear light.
2 Life jackets
10lb anchor
Rod holder
Eagle II depth finder
Seat with pedestal.

So far I have made some modifications to the boat. It was already decked off in the bow and very rear where the seat and pedestal were. The location the seat was mounted to was not very sturdy so I removed the decking from rear and re-located it in the middle. I have also taken out all the wood in the transom.

I don't have a budget yet but here is my break down so far. Also, I want to keep it cheap so I can buy more tackle and bait.

The trade was even across but I had around $600 in the snowmobile.
Stainless steel hardware for transom repair was around $20
One sheet of 1/2" plywood for transom and additional decking if I choose to $16
A new high back seat for the rear ( the pedistal and seat will be moved to the bow) $0.86 ( I had a $30 gift card to Gander Mtn.)
Battery Box, terminals and Pass side light assembly $20 wally world

Things I have scrapped.

I found that the fish finder was mounted on top of a seat swivel. So, that was re-used for 2nd seat.

I had a piece of oak laying around in 5/4 for inside transom.

12 volt plug I will use as and aux port somewhere. I had this laying around from another project.

I will post some other pictures. But for now I going to go apply some additional stain coats to the transom parts.

A red top Optima battery that I picked up from work that was going to be recycled. I charged it up and its been holding a good charge.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2,541
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 2,541
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 2,542
An ideal boat for your fishing plans! Re-paint the trailer and get some fenders over the tires and you will be set to go! You can set aside that 6 gallon can and use a 3 gallon for that little motor for some space saving too. I have a 25 hp Mercury on my 14ft Alumacraft and it really gets up and runs along!!