1436 Alumacraft Cartopper Mod - advice?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floors are in!
I forgot to take pics along the way but will post some of the final result.
I masked around the foam with painters tape, then applied the adhesive right to the foam. With that in place I put the carpet down on the foam, adjusted and let dry.

Once dry, I pulled out the carpet with foam attached, and removed the tape from the boat floor.
I trimmed the edges of the carpet. Rather than wrap or tuck the carpet under the foam floor, I left enough so it rests against the edge of the boat. For my application I think this was the wiser choice.

To attach the floor, (so I can invert the boat on my truck rack) I poked a series of holes through the carpet and foam so I could wrap zip ties around the ribs in the floor. Then used Velcro around the edge of the carpet along the bench bases.
Overall I'm happy with the results as I achieved my goal (foam floors with little weight that can invert) but have to admit that the zip tie "stitching" isn't the prettiest solution.

Photos soon.

Ben

Forgot to take pics before getting it up on my truck, so these are taken with the boat upside down.

image.jpg

This is the front floor between deck and centre bench.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Loaded it on to my truck by hand...probably for the last time ever...those extra pounds on the bow make a big difference. Whew! Next time I'm rigging up the winch.

But aside from a few rod holders and maybe some bungee cords or netting, she's ready for water.

image.jpg

Latest posts