1448 mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsiftac

Reaction score
Hey everyone, ive been reading on here for quite some time now and learning quite a bit. I have been looking for a 1648 or similar boat for about a year now but havent found any for the right price so if you cant get what you want, work with what you have. So I will be doing a few things to my 1978 mirrocraft 1448. It isnt quite 14' (i measured 13'9") but it is a whole 48 inches across and is very stable. I bought it about a year and a half ago and ended up getting a new 25 horse mercury soon after. the main things i need to accomplish are:
-get rid of the middle seat, I absolutely hate having to climb over it to get from one end to the other
-add more support after getting rid of the middle seat
-have more support added to the transom (there were no original transom supports in the boat except for the caps)
-get rid of all the leaks, it leaks at a few rivets and at the seams of the rivets, maybe end up with steelflex
-fix up trailer

As of now, i have some steel angle bars bolted on connecting the sides of the boat to the transom. I am trying to get ahold of a local custom alum boat builder to see about getting some support welded in the back, and also maybe some sponsoons for extra flotation in the back?

Right now it runs about 25-30 which i am completely happy with but I am in need of storage and just open space so thats why the middle seat needs to come out

It will be a somewhat slow progress of getting this boat completed since im in college away from home but i should have a decent amount of updates with all the breaks coming up
Any comments/suggestions are very welcome, i will post pictures as soon as i figure out how

Here are some pictures, i dont have a digital camera right now so sorry bout the quality, theyre phone pictures

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,000
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • boat5.jpg
    boat5.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,000
  • boat6.jpg
    boat6.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,000
A knee brace would help if your transom flexes at all. this is how the braces were done on my boat. One of our member lives in Peoria I don't remember his name but he does boat mods and is a great welder. I'm sure he can give you some good advice.

Attachments

• IMG_5590.JPG
    IMG_5590.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 966
thanks lckstck, i saw his thread a while back and looked up his business but cant remember which thread, theres also a place called AAD welding right near peoria who do some really cool customization projects and build some great looking boats

Latest posts