15HP EVINRUDE PROBLEM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1436delta

Reaction score
HEY I AM NEW HERE I GOT A 1992 15HP EVINRUDE SHORT SHAFT MY PROBLEM IS WERE THE MOTOR SWIVELS IT IS LOOSE AT THE TOP LIKE MABE THE BOLTS CAME OUT ? HOW DO I TAKE THAT APART NEVER SEEN THAT DONE BEFORE THANKS PS THIS IS A VERY COOL SIGHT JUST GETTING STARTED

1436delta said:
crazymanme2 said:
Some pics would help
I WILL TRY TO TAKE SOME PICS SUNDAY . GOING FISHING IN THE MORNING SO I WILL TRY TO SEND THEM . DONT KNOW IF I KNOW HOW IT WORKS BUT I WILL GIVE IT TRY
WELL FIXED IT I JUST JUMPED IN HAD TO PULL POWER HEAD OFF ! NEED PLASTIC TOP FOR CARB IT IS 1992 ROPE START

crazymanme2 said:
What work did you do when you pulled power head off :?:
WHERE IT WAS LOOSE WAS AT THE STEERING BRACKET MEETS THE PIVOT SHAFT THER WAS THREE BOLTS ON TOP . ALL THREE WERE LOOSE SO TO GET TO THEM I HAD TO TAKE THE POWER HEAD OFF. THE TOP MOUNTS ARE IN SIDE THE EXH HOUSING OR MIDSECTION. THE EXH HOUSING COVERS THOSE BOLTS WELL AT LEAST TWO OF THEM . THE WAY I TELL HERE IT WAS EASY BUT IT IS A WHOLE LOT OF WORK TO GET TO .

Definitely a lotta work to get to. I did one not to long ago on a 55 horse. Same general method, but the parts are heavier.

Were the bolts just loose, or were the rubber motor mounts torn/worn out? On the 55 horse, it needed new upper motor mounts.

bassboy1 said:
Definitely a lotta work to get to. I did one not to long ago on a 55 horse. Same general method, but the parts are heavier.

Were the bolts just loose, or were the rubber motor mounts torn/worn out? On the 55 horse, it needed new upper motor mounts.
NO THE BOLTS WERE JUST LOOSE .SOMEBODY HAS BEEN IN THIS MOTOR BEFOE I GOT IT. THEN I ALSO NOTICE THAT THE PLASTIC TOP ON THE CARB IS CRACKED IT HAD SILICONE COVERING IT IF YOU SEE THAT ANY BODY HAS ONE LET ME NO .TRYING TO WATCH ON EBAY. NEW ONE IS LIKE 75.00 TO 80.00 TO HIGH FOR MY BLOOD OR I AM TO TIGHT LOL .IT RAN PRETTY GOOD IDLE IS KINDA UP AND DOWN I THINK IT IS THE CARB

Bassboy,do the mounts on a 55 look like the 15? If so, I made my own mounts for my 15 & quite a few of my friends also.You make them out of rubber plugs that cost about $2 each & you need 3 compared to the price of factory mounts which are I believe around $50 each.

crazymanme2 said:
Bassboy,do the mounts on a 55 look like the 15? If so, I made my own mounts for my 15 & quite a few of my friends also.You make them out of rubber plugs that cost about $2 each & you need 3 compared to the price of factory mounts which are I believe around $50 each.
HEY CRAZYMANME2 WHAT IS THAT BOAT YOU AND YOUR FURY FREIND IS IN ? THE MOUNTS ON MY 92 TO ARE JUST SQUARE .

That's a good question 1436delta.I really don't know.It is all welded,has heavy square tubing bracing inside,& at the bottom
its 40" wide, which is wide for a 12 footer.No tags at all on it.I have 3 different motors that I run on it.A 15hp Evinrude,20hp Merc,& don't laugh now,Merc Mark 55.

crazymanme2 said:
That's a good question 1436delta.I really don't know.It is all welded,has heavy square tubing bracing inside,& at the bottom
its 40" wide, which is wide for a 12 footer.No tags at all on it.I have 3 different motors that I run on it.A 15hp Evinrude,20hp Merc,& don't laugh now,Merc Mark 55.
LIKE TO SEE MORE PIC IF YOU HAVE I AM WORKING ON GETTING SOME OF MINE UP IT IS 1995 LOWE 1436L DELTA 1992 15HP EVINRUDE

This is the only pic I have right now of the inside.You can see the square tube in the bottom & they're 3 of them spaced evenly in the bottom & up the sides.

Attachments

• tiller 026.jpg
    tiller 026.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 903
crazymanme2 said:
Never been down to the mounts in a 15, but from what 1436delta said, it sounds like they are different.

CRAZYMANME2 THE MOUNTS ARE SQUARE AT THE BOTTOM IN USES THREE TWO ON THE SIDES AND ONE IN THE FRONT THE TOP IS ONE SQUARE ONE THAT IS SANWICHED IN THE MIDDLE OF TWO EARS