16 ft Smokercraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishingmich said:
It also going to have a 55# thrust Minn Kota V2 Powerdrive electric steer trolling motor and a 15 hp Mercury outboard with a 55# thrust Minn Kota Endura tm on the back.

NICE! =D>

That'll be a nice setup. I'd like to get one of those Endura's for mine!

Did that boat come from the traverse city area? I happen to see one just like on CL a while back. Sweet boat by the way.

Sure did, Cadillac! I texted the guy and he said he would take $300 for it and I couldn't pass it up. 16 ft long, 66 inch beam. Even though the wife wasn't exactly overjoyed since I haven't sold my otherboat and trailer yet. She doesnt understand that when I'm done with this boat mod, It will still be $5000 or more cheaper than buying a new one.

Yep, thats the one i saw. Did you get the motor with it, if i remember correctly it came with a evinrude 9.9. Great score ! I tried to get my fishing bud to go get that but he didn`t want to drive that far, in case it was all beat up/ rough shape. too bad cause thats exactly what he was looking for. Thats an awsome boat you got, looks to be in great shape.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. It's in real good shape and definitley worth $300. No I didnt get the motor. He wanted $600 for the boat and motor and I already have a 15 hp Mercury, so I offered him $300 for the boat and it was a done deal. It's gonna look totally different when I'm done. My son and I plan on using it for everything from walleye fishing on the Maumee River to Salmon fishing on the Manistee. Summer of 2013 or 2014 were planning a trip to fish the French River and Georgian Bay. My son is 10 and I plan on traveling all over Michigan when we're done with it. Maybe even a trip south to fish for stripers.

Hey ultra,tell your buddy I said thanks. It was a kind of a haul. Me and my son drove up one Saturday after his football game and we didn't get home until 11:30 PM. 3 1/2 hours one way. Last I knew he still had the motor if your looking. I still have his number. Once I'm done working on it, I'm gonna snd him some pics. It wont evrn look like the same boat.

Sometimes I think his but is permenantly glued to the front seat of my boat!

Attachments

• IMG_20110803_155857[2].jpg
    IMG_20110803_155857[2].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 844
All we need is a bass and a walleye and we'll look like we might know how to fish! At least he does.

Attachments

• IMG_20110413_200407[1].jpg
    IMG_20110413_200407[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 928
Quite the fisherman! Seems like you said he is a football player, and I saw a basketball shirt too! Outdoors-man and an Athlete!

I like what you are doing with the boat, are you going to make small cubby storages between the floor joists of the lower deck? I hate to waste space and that what I did. I can't put a lot down there, but it's a great place for plano boxes and other tackle. A lot of guys put flotation foam down there, but we fish away from big boats, and on small lakes, (So I shouldn't get swamped) so I didn't put any down there (hope that doesn't come back to bite me!).

Everything under the front deck will be storage, but not the back. Under the front deck and 4 small storage holes on top of the front 2 benches, which can each hold 2 Plano 3600 boxes. The 2 front small storage holes will hold a Gladware storage box on one side and the other side will be for the dock line, that way it's not on the floor and we're not tripping over it. The Gladware storage box will be for keys, wallet and phone. Misc stuff that doesn't need to get wet or disappear. I'll have one of those in the back too, for my wallet, keys and phone. In between the two back benches I'm gonna have storage boxes that are almost 6 ft long, about 18 in high and probably 12 in wide. On the port side I'm gonna have built in tackle storage, aka battery boxes that will hold 4 3600 boxes, two of those and then on the starboard side there will be storage for jackets, rain gear etc.

Wayfaraway, I got the idea for my front and back decks from utahbasskicker. If you look at his post, his decks are simple, easy and functional. The main difference between mine and his will be access to the storage space under the front deck.

I also want to thank you, reed and all of the other soldiers that are part of this site. Without you guys we would not be able to have something like this without the government telling us yes or no. I tend to be a very forward person and say whats on my mind and in other countrys I would be in prison or executed for that. And to all the vets I say THANK YOU.

I would be honored to have any of you in my boat.

Also the battey box idea came from utahbass also. I haven't seen it in his build yet, but I bought a couple and used one in my current boat. They work out pretty well. I'll post pic of it in a little bit. I'm also going to have storage hatches covering up the battery boxes.

That set up will work great. The boat is laid out like my 14 ft Alumacraft, with 4 bench seats. Looking forward to the finish. I live in Michigan as well in Roseville by lake St. Clair.

Jim

Battery bx storage under the rear bench and support for the fat man's seat. Thanks utahbass for the batery box storage idea. Can't wait to see yours once they're installed.

Hey Jim, do you take your Alumacraft on LSC? Right now I've got a 14 ft Starcraft and I wouldn't even think about going on LSC with mine. Do you have a build on here?

Attachments

• IMG_20120205_104804[1].jpg
    IMG_20120205_104804[1].jpg
    850 KB · Views: 904
My super sweet new lights for my guide posts. Can't wait to see them at night.

Attachments

• IMG_20120205_104624[1].jpg
    IMG_20120205_104624[1].jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 904

Latest posts