1648 Semi-V Jon Mod (Completed)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevinWI said:
When does the spending end????
Just pulled the trigger on this....
It Doesn't!!! :mrgreen:

KevinWI said:
only thing that bothers me is that I cannot find a picture of the motor in the "stored" position...which makes me wonder how it folds up?
I have the same motor
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=30#p233998

Jay415 said:
Bow TM in deployed
IMG_2399.jpg

Bow TM stowed
IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Thanks Jay...that helps a lot....that is what I wanted, but now that I see the overall stored length, I may have issues with my hatch opening/closing with the TM in the stored position.....the nose of your boat is more pointed than mine also....I may have to get creative.....
I noticed your arm is black...the pictures show the arm to be white....I wonder if they changed it.....

The spending ends when you run out of money. :). For some of us that seems to come much quicker. Haha.

The one you posted had the Weedless Wedge Prop 2 also. Mine has the reg Weedless Wedge Prop. Mine is the edge 45lb. 45"

Canceled my order on the Edge....am going with the Power Drive....simply due to the electronic steering vs Cable steering.
Power drive comes w/ 18' cord so I can operate the TM from the back with foot control. They have a remote option, but it actually looks like a PITA to use the remote....I like hands free operation....my hands will be busy reeling in fish.

Jay415 said:
Nice! Now you need iPilot!
haha......maybe when I hit the lottery! lol it's not often when an accessory costs more than the unit!

I need to build a new "elevated mount for it first....no idea how that is going to come out...will wait for it to arrive to decide how I need to attack it.

Humminbird and transducer all installed as well as rear seat mount (Release-a-seat).

Talked myself out of using the High density nylon mounting board I picked up as I thought it would be a cakewalk...after following directions to a T, i came up 1/4" short and had to move and redrill mounting holes.....I shouldn't second guess myself...whole idea behind the mounting plate is if you mount it too low, you just drill new holes in the plate and not the transom....They stated in the instructions to line the plate up 1/8" up from bottom of hull for Aluminum and 1/4" for Fiberglass...well, it needed 3/8" for my boat because the transom doesn't angle like a v-hull would.......but couldn't determine that until the transducer was snapped down all the way. Next time the ducer gets put together, snapped down and then i'll mark the position needed. Directions suck.

Attachments

• 2012-02-23 17.01.06.jpg
    2012-02-23 17.01.06.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,587
  • 2012-02-23 17.03.20.jpg
    2012-02-23 17.03.20.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,587
It is absolutely astounding the amount of wiring that goes in this. my gunnel is crammed with wires coming from the back to the panel. two wires each for stern light, bilge, livewell pump, main power wire and of course the transducer cable for the fish locator does not leave much room.

One thing I probably should have done, and may still do is add a master switch. I thought about including it on my panel, but didn't do it....figured, why? well when I went out to the boat this morning, discovered I left the livewell light on all night...must have hit the switch accidentally. Not a huge deal as LED doesn't use much battery, but it could just as well been a pump....hmmmm.

Contacted my livewell fabricator....going to bring the boat in and we're going to see about welding either an AL bracket for the TM or an aluminum step deck off the gunnel onto the front deck to mound the TM on.

heavy snow delayed the delivery of my Navionics chip for the Hummingbird and new rain gear.

and today went to Fleet Farm and picked up two 15 lb vinyl coated Navy style anchors and new rope to replace the two 12lb mushroom anchors I had. They just felt a bit small for a 16' boat.

0000000050666.jpg

Came up with a plan for the bow mount Minn Kota Powerdrive TM...added a step to make up the 4".

Attachments

• 2012-03-03 17.54.07.jpg
    2012-03-03 17.54.07.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,446
  • 2012-03-03 17.54.53.jpg
    2012-03-03 17.54.53.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,446
  • 2012-03-03 17.54.31.jpg
    2012-03-03 17.54.31.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,446
Minn Kota charger showed up yesterday....it's bigger and way heavier than I envisioned....will have to get creative on where to install it.
My minn kota power drive TM which was to be on backorder until march 5th, is now backordered until the 19th of March.

Looking at another mod on tinboats and his offset swivel seat pin it totally solved my bow mount trolling motor issue. now I can center mount the trolling motor and the seat will swivel out of the way. $36 fix beat drilling a new hole for the base.

31OYu6irbiL._SS500_.jpg